change field unmanaged to managed (crm 2011) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi forum

i have unmanaged field in account entity and i can't see the changes on the label of the field i make.

the form is managed and this is the only form  . and the field is unmanaged

i think i need to change the field to managed

how can i do it?

Sunday, May 22, 2011 8:19 AM

All replies

• Managed and unmanaged are related to solutions.  You shouldn't need to change an attribute from unmanaged to managed.  Here is a blog topic on solutions: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crm/archive/2010/09/15/crm-2011-solutions-business-applications-on-steroids.aspx 

Did you publish your customizations?  What label are you changing?  The display name of that attribute/field?  Display name of the attribute/field on the form?

If you can give me a little more info on your scenario I can help you.

Thanks,

Brandon

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 5:26 AM
  • Hi,

Have you changed the label text in entity field? If yes then also try changing the field attribute label text on form field and then publish customization. If field label text is modified on CRM Form then CRM form will use form field label text instead of entity field label text.

Thank You,

Jehanzeb Javeed,

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:35 AM
  • Hi

When you create a new custom field it has (1) name & (2) Display name

When you go to form editor & add this field to the form, and double click on the field to see the field properties, you will see (3) Label & it is automatically checked for you to show it on the form.

If you are making change in (2) Display name of the field ==> you will not see this in the entity record form, rather it will be seen greyed inside/within the field on the form editor.

If you are double clicking on the field in the form editor and updating the (3) Label text ==> then you will be able to see this text reflecting on the entity record form.

In all cases do not forget to Publish All Customizations.

Let me know if this is clear and helped you.

Thank you,

RBaliga

Sunday, June 24, 2012 9:01 AM