Running Mesh on Longhorn 4074 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Strange as this may sound, i have to admit, i'm a longhorn fan, and i never uninstalled it from my "toy" laptop, a small 1kg Evo N410c.

Anyway, i'm unable to install the Mesh client on Longhorn 4074 (yes, i know its not ment to run there, i do also know that its proberly the .net framework), never the less.. a nerd loves hes toys, and so i have to ask, does any of you have a suggestion on howto use my new toy (mesh) with my "old" toy (longhorn) ?

Regards,
      Leon Bollerup
      www.startforce.com
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008 8:35 PM

Answers

• Hi, it should not be .NET issues. I think it might be related to UAC - mesh client requires it. I don't remember if that build of Longhorn had it already...
    Wednesday, May 28, 2008 9:28 PM

All replies

• You do realize you are running that OS in violation of the license given during the testing phase, I assume?
    Thursday, May 22, 2008 12:07 AM
  • Hi,

Yes i do, and i am not alone, we are many out there that dident let go of that wonderfull OS ;-) .. besides, its not a production machine, its simply for the fun of it, since the machine dont like Vista (to heavy) and XP wont go with the Samsung SSD, Longhorn or Linux is just about the only i can feed it.

Anyway, any good sugestions is welcome :-)

//Leon
    Thursday, May 22, 2008 4:46 AM
  • Hi, it should not be .NET issues. I think it might be related to UAC - mesh client requires it. I don't remember if that build of Longhorn had it already...
    Wednesday, May 28, 2008 9:28 PM