another OWGA complaint. used office for 4yrs 7 months without a problem - now it's a pirated copy?????? RRS feed

• Question

• so much for being honest. As a business owner and with 10 PC's Its a time to seriously think about moving away from MS.

why am I being punished? there is no way I am buying anymore MS software until this is resolved. I've already wasted 3 hours of my time today running around websites and installing more software just to prove my innocence. enough is enough.

machine is a Toshiba. windows home xp was pre-installed.

I guess I have a Large Manufacturer Pre-installed Windows COAs

XP office was bought from a high street vendor.

of course now I'll have to spend time to dig through my receipts.

Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Results

Passed Active scripting allowed
    Passed Display images enabled
    Passed Computer time and date correct
    Passed Cookies enabled
    Passed ActiveX enabled
    Passed Windows validation ActiveX loaded
    Passed Office validation ActiveX loaded
    Passed Validation Self-help ActiveX loaded
    Passed Validation Self-help: Data.dat Corruption check
    Passed Validation Self-help: Cryptography check
    Passed Validation Self-help: Product Activation check

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0062.0):

-----------------------------------------

WGA Data-->

Validation Status: Genuine

Validation Code: 0

Online Validation Code: N/A

Cached Validation Code: N/A

Windows Product Key: *****-*****-W3R3K-J2VF4-JFP8W

Windows Product Key Hash: XPfxGkd+SaYWqIyXYZav/kIic8c=

Windows Product ID: 55277-OEM-2111907-00111

Windows Product ID Type: 2

Windows License Type: OEM SLP

Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom

CSVLK Server: N/A

CSVLK PID: N/A

ID: {462A3E2F-B57D-4947-B11E-37EDB23F06B2}(3)

Is Admin: Yes

TestCab: 0x0

WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.59.1

Signed By: Microsoft

Product Name: N/A

Architecture: N/A

Build lab: N/A

TTS Error: N/A

Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-171-1

Resolution Status: N/A

Vista BRT Data-->

Grace Flag: N/A

Commit: N/A

Reboot Flag: N/A

ThreatID(s): N/A

Wgaer.exe Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Wgaer.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Notifications Data-->

Cached Result: 0

File Exists: No

Version: 1.7.18.5

WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->

Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2

OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0

Signed By: Microsoft

Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-171-1

Browser Data-->

Proxy settings: N/A

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)

Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe

Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt

Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled

Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed

Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled

Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled

Active scripting: Allowed

Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->

Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{462A3E2F-B57D-4947-B11E-37EDB23F06B2}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0062.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-JFP8W</PKey><PID>55277-OEM-2111907-00111</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2648961075-3565677152-443984926</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>TOSHIBA</Manufacturer><Model>Satellite 2435</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>TOSHIBA</Manufacturer><Version>V1.10</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="31"/><Date>20021205000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>TOSHIBA,TOSHIBA</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>28443A07018400E2</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Central Standard Time(GMT-06:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Toshiba</name><model>Satellite</model></SBID><OEM/><BRT/></MachineData>              <Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90280409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage</Name><Ver>10</Ver><Val>39476F84C4B4004</Val><Hash>4iCnywwNW1w4s9ukTIwGMGxyGic=</Hash><Pid>54185-640-0000025-17069</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Monday, November 12, 2007 8:48 PM

Answers

• Hello UKgreg,

Thank you very much for posting posting your Diagnostic results. We are happy to help and are sorry to hear what has happened. As you I too am a customer and try putting myself in your spot while providing customer service as I would expect to receive.  Please understand that in most cases, customers have no idea their copies of Windows and/or MS Office Suites were not legitimately provided. This is because some resellers try to cut costs by providing unauthorized copies, but still charge the customer for a copy of Windows and MS Office Suite.  This may not have happened in your case, but it does happen.  Also, we appreciate your concern that you’ve been using your copy of Windows for a long time – people often wonder, how is it that all of a sudden my copy turns out to be counterfeit.  This is because Microsoft is continually investigating piracy reports, and identifying product keys that are being used improperly.  It is possible for a key to be used over a course of time, as in your case, but is then found to be a source of counterfeit, and therefore blocked from validating. You indicated purchasing Office from a high street vendor exactly who and what does th is mean? Please provide me with all the details of the vendor/busines you made the purchase such as address, phone number and a website. Next I encourage you to submit a piracy report. You may be eligible to receive software should you meet the requirments. 

May I suggest a couple of links for you to review and maybe this will provide you with helpful information: 

1.      Learn the risks. Make sure your software is genuine. Reinforce your system.   http://www.microsoft.com/protect/promotions/us/windowsgenuineadvantage_us.mspx

2.      To learn more about WGA, the piracy problem, what Microsoft is doing, and how you can help, please visit this site:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/WhyValidate.aspx 

3.  Reporting Piracy Outside the United States

http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/reporting/out.aspx 

4.  How To Tell

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/  

5.  Microsoft Volume Licensing

http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/default.mspx 

6.  Security Central

http://www.microsoft.com/security/default.mspx

Thank you very much for your inquiry.  I hope this will prove helpful.  Please let me know if this solves the problem, or if we can be of any further service. Oh and please provide me with the information where you made your puchase. 

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS
    OGA Forum Manager

Monday, November 12, 2007 10:27 PM