Office 2010 Military Appreciaition license RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Just would like to know if my friend have Office 2010 Military Appreciation copy but he is no longer in military, can he still install the product without issues? Will it require Military ID or something?

Thanks much!

Thursday, September 16, 2010 12:25 PM

Answers

• Hello IamJoanneMarie,

All of the usage rights and restrictions for Office 2007 Military Appreciation Edition are covered in the product's Software Licensing Terms (SLTs).

If your friend has at least one installation of Office 2007 MAE installed, on that computer, he can view he license terms by starting Word, then click on Office Button>Word Options>Resources>About, and in the About dialog box, click on the link to view the Software Licensing Terms.

It is my personal reading of the SLTs that, generally speaking, use of the MAE product is allowed if the person's military status (active/reserve/dependent/retiree, etc.) is permitted the use of the Post/Base Exchange facilities.  If your friend separated from the military with a status that allows him to continue to use the Post/Base Exchange, then he would continue to qualify to use the MAE product.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 2:25 PM

All replies

• Hello IamJoanneMarie,

All of the usage rights and restrictions for Office 2007 Military Appreciation Edition are covered in the product's Software Licensing Terms (SLTs).

If your friend has at least one installation of Office 2007 MAE installed, on that computer, he can view he license terms by starting Word, then click on Office Button>Word Options>Resources>About, and in the About dialog box, click on the link to view the Software Licensing Terms.

It is my personal reading of the SLTs that, generally speaking, use of the MAE product is allowed if the person's military status (active/reserve/dependent/retiree, etc.) is permitted the use of the Post/Base Exchange facilities.  If your friend separated from the military with a status that allows him to continue to use the Post/Base Exchange, then he would continue to qualify to use the MAE product.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 2:25 PM
  • Hi,

I bought this before and wonder if you still know the website address?because I need to restore my computer and might lost the program.

Thanks

Monday, October 11, 2010 2:28 PM
  • "awie111" wrote in message news:c99079ef-f135-49fb-a57d-124bd9667cd8...

Hi,

I bought this before and wonder if you still know the website address?because I need to restore my computer and might lost the program.

Thanks

If you install and run Belarc Advisor, it will tell you your current Product Key for Office and Windows (among many other thing!)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, October 11, 2010 2:39 PM