CRM 2013 Business Process Flow Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I have an issue on business process flow in dynamics crm 2013.

I use the business rule to lock the a "Customer" field.

In form level lock successfully but in BPF have some issue.

Let say my "Customer" field in BPF is in first stage and current stage is also in first stage.

Ok fine, the "Customer" field in BPF and the current stage is first stage , the "Customer" field is locked. This is good.

But after i click the next stage of BPF to move to the second stage and refresh,

the current stage is in second stage right,

and i click the first stage by clicking the first stage tab, 

i realize that the "Customer" field in the first stage is unlocked.

Sorry for lengthy sentences.

May i know how to solve this issue?

Thank You Very Much

Friday, August 1, 2014 2:10 AM

All replies

• Hey,

Are you sure thaht the field is unlock ? Have you tried to change the value and save the record ?

Regards,

Ju_li3n

Blog: crmandme.blogspot.com Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ju_li3n "Working hard for something we don't care is called STRESS. Working hard for something we love is called PASSION"

Friday, August 1, 2014 2:42 PM
  • @Ju_li3n

Thank you very much for responding to my post and sorry for late reply.

I very confirm that the field in the BPF level had been unlock and can be changed and saved.

In form level, the same field is still locked.

Thank you.

Monday, August 4, 2014 11:41 AM
  • Hey,

And if you had a business rule ? You can lock the field when you change the BPF level.

If BPF status = a, field is unlocked. If BPF status = b, field is locked.

Regards,

Ju_li3n 

Blog: crmandme.blogspot.com Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ju_li3n "Working hard for something we don't care is called STRESS. Working hard for something we love is called PASSION"

Monday, August 4, 2014 11:52 AM
  • Hi, 

I think you misunderstand already.

The issue is like that

Im my BPF has status field and in my form also have the same status field

i use business lock the status field from beginning to the end

Let say now the BPF is in "Identify" stage which is first stage and the status field is also in this stage.

Assume the value in the status is "Investigate".

Ok now we click the next stage in the BPF and refresh.

Then the current stage of BPF is in second stage let say is "Continue" stage.

Now as i can see the status field in my form level is unlocked which is correct

But when i click the tab of "Identify" stage which is first stage, 

i will see the status field in the BPF is unlocked and i can simply change the option and this will also change in the status field in the form level

Thank you. 

Monday, August 4, 2014 1:03 PM
  • Hi,

I can confirm this BUG/Feature. After a little investigation it seems to be as it is.

Problem is that fields in the BPF get another html name on the page "header_process_fieldname". If you add the same field in another stage it will get "Header_process_fieldname1". The Business rule works just for the fields on the active Phase when the form loads. You can't even get this working with writing JScript on your own, because fields of non active phases are not present when the form loads. What you would have to to is get a Trigger on when the user clicks a previous stage and then run the custom jscript code with the "Header_process" fields addressed.

Quick Test in 2015 Beta brings up that it is fixed there, if you Change the field there it will bring up the locked Symbol and don't save the Change to database. Not really nice for the user, because he thinks it will change, but nice for the Admins.

Regards,

Marc

Friday, November 7, 2014 7:57 AM
  • Hi We are having the same problem. How can I attach a trigger when user clicks on previous stage? I have written the java script to lock them, but not sure how can I attach trigger on that event.

Thanks

Lak

Thursday, June 2, 2016 11:08 AM