windows XP trust issue when installing WHS 2011 connector need HELP please !!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• I will be watching here as many others are too. I also have problems with connector installing on windows xp sp3 pc's. I have two so far that fail with the same below. I have tried every thing I can think of. My windows 7 pro install and is working fine. I am not going though a router, just a switch. The install always fails at the same point. I have turned off my firewall, anti virus, uninstall of .net. So far no luck. I have been searching every where for soem one with the same problems. I think others are doing like me and was hoping to find answer.But so far no luck. I use Norton 360 on my xp pc's for anti virus and firewall. I guess I will need to go back and try each step of what I did and track it as I go and document it. I have been working on this for week.

Just as an FYI I did have WHS v1 installed before on the clients. I should be gone now. WHS V1 is no longer on the network, so that should not be an issue. But I must be missing some thing. This move to WHS V2 so far and done nothing but give me a massive headache. I sure would appreciate some help, ideas and suggestions. This is the firs time, I have been written for help, as the forums are so helpful. But I am at my end. HELP !!!!!!

"'unable to establish a trust relationship' error. The other similar XP Home system is working fine. (I've checked that the date/time/tz are correct)"

Thanks

JimD

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 4:15 PM

All replies

• I am having the same exact issues. I have tried everything to get the XP connector SW to install. Have you had any luck yet?

Thanks

Curt

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 12:37 PM
  • I am having the same exact issues. I have tried everything to get the XP connector SW to install. Have you had any luck yet?

Thanks

Curt

Not yet. I am trying every thing I can find. At this point I am back to networking 101. I am trying to get all the pc's ( win xp and win 7 ) to workgroup and share, before I tackle the WHS 2011 install again. I shut down my whs 2011 server. I could not see, access or view the share in the workgroup. Tried all kinds of things. I did find that moving all of my pc's both XP and 7 to a workgroup called workgroup-1 it all works again. I can view and access files as I did before this wonder ride to hell in my move to WHS 2011.  Not sure what my next step is yet. But before I bother with trying the whs 2011 client again, I will make sure all workgroup functions and access are working normally. I have been searching and googling until my hair is falling out. So I have backed off for a while and tried to look at the problem at a simpler level VS a server level. If you find any thing, let me know.

Jim D

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 5:42 PM