none
User Definable Custom Forum List RRS feed

• Question

• We need to have some method of creating a user definable Custom Forum list -for now it is necessary to use a long convoluted url.

However, if we are going to be relegated to using a url to obtain only the Forums of interest, then it would be very useful to have some method of controlling the sequencing of those return Forums.

For example, with the following url,

http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/en/tag/announcements,administratorsandmoderators,sqlserver,sqlserverdataservices,officelivesmallbusiness,feedbackanddiscussions,learning/forums/

the desired Forums are indeed returned (sqlserver doesn't exist yet and is not returned).

However they are returned in the following order which in not alphabetical, or even topical.

• Announcements
    • Administrators and Moderators
    • Office Live Small Business
    • SQL Server Data Services
    • Feedback and Discussions
    • Learning

My guess is that the seqencing is numerical in the order that the Forum were created.

I would like to retreive the Forums in the following sequence -so give us a clue about how we can control the presentation.

• SQL Server
    • SQL Server Data Services
    • Announcements
    • Administrators and Moderators
    • Feedback and Discussions
    • Learning
    • Office Live Small Business

In addition, it would be nice if a 'switch' could be added to the url to display the Forums either 'Expanded' or 'Collapsed'

Perhaps between the [My Profile] and [My Threads] buttons -ADD a [My Forums] button.

And store the selected thread list in the profile.

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
    Monday, June 9, 2008 11:21 PM

All replies