Migrating from Maximizer CRM to Dynamics CRM RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My company uses Dynamics CRM 4.0 since more than a year now.
    We may be merging with a company that uses Maximizer CRM 10, and would like to keep Dynamics.
    I've already been involved into a migration from Dynamics CRM 3 to 4, but I absolutely don't know anything about migrating from another CRM system.
    I know there is a tool called "Dynamics CRM 4.0 Data Migration Manager", but I see nothing related to the Maximizer products.
    Also, I did not found for the moment any specific tool to make it.

Has anyone already tried to migration from Maximizer ?

Thanks !
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 9:44 PM

Answers

• you can try Scribe's Tool http://www.scribesoft.com/Solution-Overview.asp ..

if this does not support then i guess you need to write your own custom data migration routine using CRM SDK to migerated data from Maximizer to CRM 4.0..

Wednesday, December 2, 2009 9:09 AM
  • Hi Superjoe,
    I recently had the pleasure of migrating data from Maximizer to CRM4 and used the Data Migration Manager to import a series of csv files that we produced from Maximizer. You are right, there isn't a template to make life easy but the way we acheived it was to pull information out of Maximizer & into Excel using Excel's query capabilities then saved a series of cleansed csv files for 'Accounts', 'Contacts', and 'Notes'. There is a foreign key in Maximizer called Client_ID if I recall correctly and I used this to link the notes to contacts/accounts and link the contacts to accounts.

Maximizer seems fond of storing notes in huge text fields and arrays so you will have fun data cleansing, not to mention removing all the carriage returns etc before getting it into acceptably formatted csv's. That's the hard part though, if you can get a series of csv files all nicely cleansed then the data migration manager is quite friendly to use and free (unlike Scribe).

I hope that helps you a little and good luck!

Rob

CRM4 MBSS
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 9:15 PM

All replies

• you can try Scribe's Tool http://www.scribesoft.com/Solution-Overview.asp ..

if this does not support then i guess you need to write your own custom data migration routine using CRM SDK to migerated data from Maximizer to CRM 4.0..

Wednesday, December 2, 2009 9:09 AM
  • Hi Superjoe,
    I recently had the pleasure of migrating data from Maximizer to CRM4 and used the Data Migration Manager to import a series of csv files that we produced from Maximizer. You are right, there isn't a template to make life easy but the way we acheived it was to pull information out of Maximizer & into Excel using Excel's query capabilities then saved a series of cleansed csv files for 'Accounts', 'Contacts', and 'Notes'. There is a foreign key in Maximizer called Client_ID if I recall correctly and I used this to link the notes to contacts/accounts and link the contacts to accounts.

Maximizer seems fond of storing notes in huge text fields and arrays so you will have fun data cleansing, not to mention removing all the carriage returns etc before getting it into acceptably formatted csv's. That's the hard part though, if you can get a series of csv files all nicely cleansed then the data migration manager is quite friendly to use and free (unlike Scribe).

I hope that helps you a little and good luck!

Rob

CRM4 MBSS
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 9:15 PM