none
Profile Medals not updating RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings Everyone

Just want to check something. I reached 5400 replies but never received the gold medal for that.

I also want to find out about the curator medals. Do i need to mark 10x answers and vote for 10x answers to get the bronze medal? I am a moderator on the exchange forums but i dont see any movement. Perhaps i am not doing this correctly and maybe someone can advise and set me on the right path?

thank you.

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:45 AM

Answers

• Some achievements seem to take awhile before they show up in or profiles, especially the rare ones. I think they run a process periodically to update these. In particular, the gold achievment for total forum replies has taken a few weeks in the past. Someone else had the same problem recently, but they finally got the gold.

Regarding the Curator achievements, the only catch is that it does not count if you mark your own replies (I believe). It is harder for us to track how many answers we mark or how many replies we vote helpful. I used to monitor my profile activities to get a feel for how many answers I marked per month. I could only guess when I was close. This may be another case where it takes awhile before the achievement is awarded.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, October 23, 2014 7:22 PM

All replies

• Some achievements seem to take awhile before they show up in or profiles, especially the rare ones. I think they run a process periodically to update these. In particular, the gold achievment for total forum replies has taken a few weeks in the past. Someone else had the same problem recently, but they finally got the gold.

Regarding the Curator achievements, the only catch is that it does not count if you mark your own replies (I believe). It is harder for us to track how many answers we mark or how many replies we vote helpful. I used to monitor my profile activities to get a feel for how many answers I marked per month. I could only guess when I was close. This may be another case where it takes awhile before the achievement is awarded.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, October 23, 2014 7:22 PM
  • Thanks for the feedback Richard. Much appreciated.

I don't mark my own replies as an answer, don't believe its the right thing. I would rather have the community mark it.

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, October 24, 2014 4:39 AM
  • Ed,

I was over 5500 before I finally got the medal.

It may have finally shown up as I emailed fissues @ Microsoft dot com....

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, October 24, 2014 1:56 PM