Recover from Hardware Failure RRS feed

• Question

• Before I start, I want to say that I have spent nearly an hour searching the forum and as some have come close, none have solved my personal problem which could be many....

To set this properly, I must give a good history of the event(s).

I have been a tester here with WHS since the first beta, and have used the same machine, a self built system consisting of a 1.6g P4, and 1 gig of memory, two HDD's, an 80g and 100g Seagates.

My failure was a pwr problem showing on reboot a missing file, the sys/config file from boot, I attempted the repair console from my disk to no avail.

Without reinstalling the OS, I have attempted what has been suggested, placing the drives in another system, and have not been able to retrieve any data. Granted, this system was still RC1 as I have yet to buy the RTM, that being said, that should not prohibit me from retrieving my data (family photos). I am a network administrator and know a bit about computers and how to fix them, but to date, have NOT ran into something that will fix this!

I am concidering dropping these into another similar system as I have seen others post that would be the way to go...

Any suggestions, ideas, thoughts are very much apprecriated!!

Spooks
    Saturday, November 17, 2007 12:26 AM

All replies

• Spooks, your files should be spread across the drives in your WHS (files in shared marked for duplication will exist on two drives rather than one). The files will all be under a hidden folder named DE in the root of the drives.
    Saturday, November 17, 2007 4:56 AM