Cannot access MDAC databases unreadable from MANY applications RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, everybody

I'm a flight simulation enthusiast, and I'm having problems on THREE different applications, which SEEM to share some common database access systems:

- MS Access (which I installed, loaded, and never could get to open a DB).

- Navigraph nDAC 3 (which reads out high-resolution flight maps downloaded from the net, and gives an "could not open database" error.

- Feelthere ERJv2 (a simulated plane which loads flight data onto the sim-FMC (FlightManagementComputer) [specific named locations, identified with latitude-longitude, taken from another .DB]). The ERJ.LOG file created automatically every time the plane is loaded on MS Flight Simulator 2004 gives this in the mid-section:

Plane initialised
    Connect
    driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};dbq=F:\Flight Simulator 9\FeelThere\Nd\nd.mdb
    Trying Connect
    Connect ok
    Connect error
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers : [Microsoft][Driver ODBC Microsoft Access] L'istruzione SELECT include una parola riservata o un argomento scritto in modo errato o mancante oppure la punteggiatura non è corretta .
    hr = 0X80040E14
    before loading plans

I have searched forums for both the ERJ maker and the nDAC3, and the only adivice was, BEFORE formatting the whole thing, that something was amiss with my MDAC files (".. your mdac file is faulty. mdac is a standard OS module. your OS install is faulty. unless you correct the mdac file references, or install the data file reader, you will never get any FMC data to show...")

It's great advice: the point is: HOW DO I CORRECT the MDAC file?? I tried to re-install MDAC.INF, did it a number of times actually. Still nothing.

Can anybody please help me, before I give up and re-install WinXp (or format everyting, or change PC...)??

Thanks, Mirko.

Saturday, October 9, 2010 6:32 AM

All replies

• "MirkoB" wrote in message news:8b123b33-8775-45e2-9f2f-710dbe5a8dc4...

Hello, everybody

I'm a flight simulation enthusiast, and I'm having problems on THREE different applications, which SEEM to share some common database access systems:

- MS Access (which I installed, loaded, and never could get to open a DB).

- Navigraph nDAC 3 (which reads out high-resolution flight maps downloaded from the net, and gives an "could not open database" error.

- Feelthere ERJv2 (a simulated plane which loads flight data onto the sim-FMC (FlightManagementComputer) [specific named locations, identified with latitude-longitude, taken from another .DB]). The ERJ.LOG file created automatically every time the plane is loaded on MS Flight Simulator 2004 gives this in the mid-section:

Plane initialised
    Connect
    driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};dbq=F:\Flight Simulator 9\FeelThere\Nd\nd.mdb
    Trying Connect
    Connect ok
    Connect error
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers : [Microsoft][Driver ODBC Microsoft Access] L'istruzione SELECT include una parola riservata o un argomento scritto in modo errato o mancante oppure la punteggiatura non è corretta .
    hr = 0X80040E14
    before loading plans

I have searched forums for both the ERJ maker and the nDAC3, and the only adivice was, BEFORE formatting the whole thing, that something was amiss with my MDAC files (".. your mdac file is faulty. mdac is a standard OS module. your OS install is faulty. unless you correct the mdac file references, or install the data file reader, you will never get any FMC data to show...")

It's great advice: the point is: HOW DO I CORRECT the MDAC file?? I tried to re-install MDAC.INF, did it a number of times actually. Still nothing.

Can anybody please help me, before I give up and re-install WinXp (or format everyting, or change PC...)??

Thanks, Mirko.

I suggest that you repost your query in a more appropriate forum - Windows XP Repair would probably be be the place
    or the gaming forum...
    (which also includes XP gaming)

HTH

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Proposed as answer by Noel D Paton Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:08 PM
    Saturday, October 9, 2010 7:41 AM
  • Hello Noel,

Thanks for your answer. I will re-post the question on both forums, and hopefully something will come up.

Bye, Mirko.

Mirko Belcastro LIRS
    Saturday, October 9, 2010 12:35 PM