Ms CRM 4.0: Import data error (error code 0x80040345) RRS feed

• Question

•  

hi,

I´m trying to import records from .csv file to CRM. when I do this CRM show me the following message "The number of fields is diferent than column headings" - error 0x80040345. somebody help me?!

cheers,

csousa

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 3:54 PM

Answers

• you have 2 picklist values on the import form
    one is the data delimiter(none, single quote or double quote), and one is the field delimiter(comma, colon, semicolon or tab)
    you have chosen " as datadelimiter but what is your field delimiter?
    field delimiter needs to separate data columns
    Since there is a comma between header1 and header2
    there must be a comma between value1 and value2 also

let me know if you need more clarity, it will be good if you can put some sample data which we can analyse

Thursday, April 24, 2008 1:14 PM

All replies

• To enable importing of records the number of columns headers(i.e. the first line in the file) should match the number of fields is every other row.

for example following is the correct file

Header1, Header2

value1, value2

while the one below is incorrect

Header1, Header2

value1

Header1, Header2

value1,value2,value3

is also incorrect.

one simple check is to see that the number of field delimiter("," in normal case) is same in all the lines.

If you have field delimiter in the data refer to the end note in  this post.

Hope this helps, comment with more details if you still encounter the problem

Thursday, April 24, 2008 6:25 AM
  • ok...

But, if i do this using the delimiter ( " ) is correct?

for expl:

Header1, Header 2

"Value 1""Value2"

BR

CSousa

Thursday, April 24, 2008 8:42 AM
  • No thats incorrect, you need to have field delimiter ','(comma) even if you use data delimiter ""

so the correct file content will be

Header1, Header2

"Value1","Value2"

Thursday, April 24, 2008 8:45 AM
  • right,

But, i have to chose the delimiter (") or the delimiter (none) in picklist on the form?

thanks

Thursday, April 24, 2008 9:18 AM
  • you have 2 picklist values on the import form
    one is the data delimiter(none, single quote or double quote), and one is the field delimiter(comma, colon, semicolon or tab)
    you have chosen " as datadelimiter but what is your field delimiter?
    field delimiter needs to separate data columns
    Since there is a comma between header1 and header2
    there must be a comma between value1 and value2 also

let me know if you need more clarity, it will be good if you can put some sample data which we can analyse

Thursday, April 24, 2008 1:14 PM
  • thanks for help.

I find other solution to solve this problem.

BR,

C Sousa

Monday, April 28, 2008 9:54 AM
  •  

I had this problem too. And I realised that in my case, I chose the wrong delimiters. My CSV file did not show the quotation delimiters when opened in Excel, but showed them when I opened it up in Notepad. When I chose the correct delimiters, the problem went away.
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 10:41 AM
  • One of the things I discover importing Account records back in to CRM was if the account name had a space in their name vs those that didn't it would give me an error on just those account that had a space in their name.

Import what you can, then using the error report, go back into the csv file, review just the name on the account field, delete everything to the right of the same.  When you import the data again, just map to ignore field.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 5:10 PM