Reinstall problem RRS feed

• Question

• so I unistalled onecare to eliminate it from being a source of conflict with another program. Onecare was not the problem. I have been trying to reinstall it for 4 hours! I get an error message..." one or more componants could not be installed"....then a cleanup wizard runs.....and I have to reboot....
    Try it again and again....same thing....
    I tried contacting support, but that program locks up.....of course. I try other support options, and they dont work.
    Screw this, I need protection now, and I want my money back!
    d
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 4:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• of course I didnt expect any help with this either...Ill just block the payment...screw it
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 8:16 PM
  • If you run the install cleanup tool - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/399071e2-49dc-4767-932d-d261e3965943 you may be able to reinstall One Care. If installation fails after running the cleanup tool you will have to contact support for help with installation or for a refund. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, June 28, 2009 4:01 AM
  • well sir, i appreciate the help!
    I did follow the link and run the tool...when it got to the end, it said " turning on windows firewall"......and thats where it stayed .....then an error box that said cleanup tool has encountered a problem and will close".....I cant even get a help form to work....they all lock up....and my headache is growing!

any suggestions?
    thanx
    d
    Sunday, June 28, 2009 6:06 PM
  • Send an e-mail with One Care in the subject line to jrap107@msn.com and include your screen name and country where you are located in the message body and I will help you contact support.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, June 28, 2009 6:09 PM
  • Well, sir...I want to thank you for the kind help! I tried the tool again, and it worked!

I installed onecare successfully, and all is working fine! Ya know, when ya need the computer like I do for business, 12 hours of no protection can be very aggravating, especialy when nothing seems to work. Your help has fixed my problem, and I have learned a great deal in the proccess. Thank you again, you are indeed an asset to this forum!!!!!

Big Salute Sir!!

d
    Sunday, June 28, 2009 6:32 PM
  • I'm glad to hear you installed One Care successfully. Thank you for the update and the kind words.
    Sunday, June 28, 2009 8:33 PM