Live Mesh Deleted My Data RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have had live mesh installed for approximately 4 months. Over the past week I have noticed a lot of deleted files in the recycle bin. I assumed that it was simply mesh doing folder management so I didn't think it was a big problem. When I looked further into it today I noticed that ALL of the files which I have created since installing Live Mesh have been deleted from both of my computers. They are however availible on the live desktop. The files will delete within a minute of creation if they are in one the the synced folders.

Does anyone know how to force mesh to download all of the files from the mesh desktop so I can restore all of my files.

Thanks,

Brock
    Saturday, September 26, 2009 3:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• I suggest submitting a bug report with Live mesh logs. How to submit a bug report - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMesh/thread/d52b350a-f3e0-41c6-8e78-d6378e566b9e You can then try removing both computers from your Live Mesh devices, uninstall Live Mesh from the computers, then reinstall Live Mesh and re-sync the folders on your computers to the Live Desktop.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Saturday, September 26, 2009 6:17 PM
  • I recommend making sure that you have a backup copy of the data in your Mesh folders to a location that is not part of the Mesh so that you can recover from odd deletions. Don't trust that the files will remain on the Live Desktop - remember, this is still a beta.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 2:32 PM