error message 0xc004e003 RRS feed

• Question

• This is a loan computer from a major retailer. Windows vista is refusing to play ball despite toshiba diagnostics telling me this machine has genuine windows. When I got this pc from the shop it spent the best part of 24 hours updating vista so I don't understand why it suddenly now won't let me in.

Any solutions suggesting click start and right click are useless for me as the start button has disappeared and even when I enter the activation code on the bottom of the computer it refuses to acknowledge it as a valid copy. "Software Licensing Service reported licence evaluation failed."

I have tried the going through the routine described here both options c and g http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931276 but can't get anywhere because with limited functionality as there is no start button.

Similarly going to cmd.exe and slui 4 don't get me anywhere. I have tried to download MGADiag.exe but get the error message "not enough quota is available to process this command

• Edited by dwincasaiffenestri Monday, February 7, 2011 8:23 PM Additional info about cmd.exe and MGADiag.exe
    Monday, February 7, 2011 7:57 PM

Answers

• I would suggest returning the loaner computer and ask for another one that is in proper working order.
    Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, February 9, 2011 11:38 PM
    Monday, February 7, 2011 8:38 PM

All replies

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the  Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool

Once you run the tool, click on the  Continue button, then click on the  Copy button and  Paste the report into your post, along with your question. 

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    Monday, February 7, 2011 8:22 PM
  • I have tried that and get the error message "not enough quota is available to process this command".
    Monday, February 7, 2011 8:24 PM
  • I would suggest returning the loaner computer and ask for another one that is in proper working order.
    Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, February 9, 2011 11:38 PM
    Monday, February 7, 2011 8:38 PM