none
Unable to login to MSDN Forums profile RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Here's the story what have happened.
    1. I had a Live ID with email address X.
    2. I used MSDN Forums with that Live ID and my "Display Name" in Forums was "Tomi Airaksinen" and I had 3105 points.
    3. I changed the email address from that same Live ID to Y. After this I was still able to login successfully to MSDN Forums, but using my new email address Y.
    4. In late 2009, I activated MSDN subscription (free from my new company) to my Live ID account.
    5. After this I found out that I was unable login to MSDN Forums with my former "Tomi Airaksinen" Display Name. The Display Name had changed to "Tomia" and my former activity is not shown there.
    6. I also found out that now I can use email addresses X (shows Display Name "Tomia") and Y (instructs to create profile) when logging in to MSDN Forums with the same password.
    7. So no luck in logging in to my correct MSDN Forums profile with Display Name "Tomi Airaksinen".
    8. I cant change my Display Name from MSDN Profile (using either one of above mentioned email addresses), it just says "This display name is already in use. Please choose another display name".

What should I do to be able to login to my correct MSDN Forums profile with Display Name "Tomi Airaksinen" (http://social.microsoft.com/profile/tomi%20airaksinen/?type=forum)?

I would also like to know why it seems now that I have two different Live ID accounts, because I have created only one?

Note that while posting this I used Display Name "Tomi  Airaksinen" with two spaces between and that is not the one I would like to use.

BR,

Tomi

• Moved by Brent Serbus Friday, March 4, 2011 3:40 AM profile issue (From:Forums Issues (not product support))
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 7:44 AM

Answers