none
Internet Explorer 8 "Tab Recovered" Virus

Question

• Recently I downloaded what I thought was a game. It produced an icon on the desktop, and then it was gone. Now IE8 is driving me absolutely insane. Sometimes, the window closes as fast as it opens.
    Every other time, it comes up with http://www.google.co.nz/ig?brand=TSUA&bmod=TSAU. It then continuously recovers the tab and after two goes, it comes up with res://ieframe.dll/acr_error/htm#google.co.nz,http://www.google.co.nz/ig?brand=TSAU&bmod=TSAU
    Google is my homepage.
    It continues to recover the tab but then says "We were unable to return you to the page you were viewing".
    It does it at such a rate that I can do nothing else with Internet Explorer.
    Does anybody know what the ____ this is and how to get rid of it.

Sunday, January 17, 2010 10:37 AM

All replies

• This is not a tech support forum.

Moving to off topic.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Friday, January 22, 2010 9:29 PM
  • the easy solution is to dump IE 8 which is nto that easy tso the best way is to jsut go to
    www.microsoft.com
    once there type in internet explorer
    it will show a page that has the download for it and grab it and then run it it will get  rid ofhte existing copy and keep allyour cureent settings like favs and such
    then reboot shoudl solve the isseue
    inthe meantime go here and grag b the FREE scanner and run it it will help claen your syste

http://www.malwarebytes.org/
    we can all laearn together to be better than we are
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 3:14 AM
  • Recently I downloaded what I thought was a game. It produced an icon on the desktop, and then it was gone. Now IE8 is driving me absolutely insane. Sometimes, the window closes as fast as it opens.
    Every other time, it comes up with http://www.google.co.nz/ig?brand=TSUA&bmod=TSAU. It then continuously recovers the tab and after two goes, it comes up with res://ieframe.dll/acr_error/htm#google.co.nz,http://www.google.co.nz/ig?brand=TSAU&bmod=TSAU
    Google is my homepage.
    It continues to recover the tab but then says "We were unable to return you to the page you were viewing".
    It does it at such a rate that I can do nothing else with Internet Explorer.
    Does anybody know what the ____ this is and how to get rid of it.

hi ,

safety tab , delete browsing history , tools > internet options , browsing history , click settings , then look at the files , delete all , close IE , reboot IE

internet options , click add ons , see whats there , anything from google , delete it

click the link of the one care scanner in my signature , unflag virus scan , see what that finds and can be fixed

reboot , that should do it

make sure your internet seetings regarding privacy and security are set at least to medium high from now on , get MSE also to protect you from bugs

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

anymore problems , get back

good luck

have a nice day
    Scan with OneCare + 50 Windows 7even Tips + Plagued by the Privacy Center? REMOVE IT + Threat Research & Response Blog + Sysinternals Live tools + TRANSLATOR+ Photosynth + Microsoft Security + Microsoft SUPPORT + PIVOT from Live Labs + Microsoft Live Labs + Office 2010 beta + Get Windows LIVE!
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 11:45 PM
  • Hi there Mike.
    I was unsure where to post and this was the first place that came up.
    My apologies for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Danny

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 8:57 PM
  • I have got same problem two times in last week. I have tried to download a crack of DIVx plus converter's serial from rapid-share, After downloading the file I got a link for downloading crack, when I click on it, one icon displayed in desktop after clicking it IE8 behave abnormal, and always try to restore the tab. in the url it shows that ieifrem.dll  ...................bla bla bla.....error. I have checked in online web search to find out the solution, but there are no effective solution, some advice to use malwarebytes scanner.

suddenly I thought to restore the system...and it's works 100%. The IE8 tab recovered problem finally solved. So, please do it, hope this will also solve your problem.

Thnx

Sunday, June 06, 2010 3:38 AM
  • HI MukuT

Did you get the solution for Tab restore in IE8???

if you have a solution please mail me(sureshmdb@gmail.com)

Thank you

Friday, October 15, 2010 12:51 PM
  •  

I have configured the below setting on IE8 and it is working fine.

Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Custom Level -> "ActiveX controls and plug-ins" -> Enable "Automatic prompting for

ActiveX controls"

• Proposed as answer by physiognomy Monday, August 29, 2011 7:23 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by physiognomy Monday, August 29, 2011 7:23 PM
    Friday, February 11, 2011 5:24 PM
  • ***************PROBLEM SOLVED*************!!!! Go to the upper right hand top corner of Internet Explorer 8.0 and next to the Magnifying Glass is a dropdown. Choose anyone for your Search Toolbar other than Google {I chose "Live Search (Default)}". IT FIXED IT! That's it. I researched this problem for a long time and called the Anti-Virus company I **PAID** a 2-year subscription for, and they didn't know and referred me to their "Expert" Staff (for a princely sum I imagine) to fix it. I said: "No thank you". Within 30 minutes of that telephone call I solved it myself. My thanks to 2 people: One person (I don't know who he was) posted in a Forum his aggravation about the "Google Toolbar". I also saw where another (unknown) person mentioned in a Forum he had used "Google Translate", which I had recently used as well. I think that was a key to my getting the bug. But in my opinion, forget all this nonsense (I tried much of it to no avail) about misconfig, restore IE when it has become unstable, modify your internal files, disable add-ons, blah, blah blah. If my solution solves your problem, I would be grateful for an e-mail to know I did help you. I am Keith at physiognomy@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 4:56 PM