Edit data in closed entity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I want to be able to edit the data in an Invoice Product when the Invoice is marked as Paid.

Right now, when the Invoice is marked as Paid, all the fields in the Invoice Product form are disabled. 

Thanks

Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You have to change the invoice status back to Active and then after editing can change the Invoice sattus back to Paid via creating simple On Demand workflows,

1. Create new On Demand workflows and add the Change Status step and select the Status Active

2. Create new On Demand workflows and add the Change Status step and select the Status Paid

3. Open Invoice form, click on Run Workflow , select 1st workflow to change the invoice status, update form and then again run the 2nd workflow to change the status back to paid (You can run workflows on a sample record first)

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    • Proposed as answer by s_setran Friday, September 23, 2011 5:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by KatRiketa Friday, September 23, 2011 6:33 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 5:09 PM

All replies

• I think there is no way to do what you have asked. Once it is paid that is it - no more editing. Financial packages behave in a similar way for these types of transactions.

Depending on what you want to change you could dive into the SQL Server tables and make an amendment but you are on own if you do so - this is not a supported action.

Friday, September 23, 2011 3:53 PM
  • Hi,

You have to change the invoice status back to Active and then after editing can change the Invoice sattus back to Paid via creating simple On Demand workflows,

1. Create new On Demand workflows and add the Change Status step and select the Status Active

2. Create new On Demand workflows and add the Change Status step and select the Status Paid

3. Open Invoice form, click on Run Workflow , select 1st workflow to change the invoice status, update form and then again run the 2nd workflow to change the status back to paid (You can run workflows on a sample record first)

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    • Proposed as answer by s_setran Friday, September 23, 2011 5:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by KatRiketa Friday, September 23, 2011 6:33 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 5:09 PM
  • Thanks man.

I have never used workflows before. I tried it and it works like it should.

Have a good day.

Friday, September 23, 2011 6:34 PM
  • Great idea. I'd forgotten that you could do that with invoices.
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 5:43 PM