Is USB 3.0 Supported? RRS feed

• Question

• My ASMedia XHCI Controller USB is "working properly".

I installed the latest Renesas Host Controller Driver.  I can read data from a jump driver via USB 3.0 port.  When I run the "USB 3.0 Host Controller Utility" I get "USB 3.0 Host Controller not found".  On a WIN7/64 machine I see "Renesas Electronics" controllers listed in the Device Manager.   On the WHS2011 Device Manager, I do not see that.  So, just curious if it's supported.

Now, I'm not sure if this is a related issue or tied together:

In Devices I have a Yellow Exclamation by "PCI Simple Communications Controller"  At the website http://www.pcidatabase.com/  entering Vendor 8086 and Device 1C3A I get "Intel Chipset Driver".  I started looking through Intel and can't easily find what the heck I'm looking for. My board is Asus P8H67-M Pro, so does that mean I'm looking for the H67 chipset?  Anyone with a couple more clues would be helpful.

Thank you, 

Sunday, June 26, 2011 9:56 PM

Answers

• I do not know about P8H67 MB. However, I have an ASrock H67M motherboard. This board has an ETron USB3 controller. After installing everything that came on the disk provided with the motherboard my USB3 controller did not work. I went into device manager and installed the USB3 driver from the motherboard disk. It worked USB3 is working  

• Marked as answer by danieldjb Monday, June 27, 2011 3:20 AM
    Monday, June 27, 2011 2:04 AM

All replies

• I presume I do NOT want to log in to Intel and do an automatic driver search on the system??
    Sunday, June 26, 2011 10:08 PM
  •  

Ok, looks like I got rid of my "PCI Simple Communications Controller" Yellow Exclamation Mark in Devices.  I went here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=%22pci+simple+communications+Controller%22#  and got the Win 7 64 bit driver for the H67 chipset.

Still curious about the USB 3.0.

Still haven't screwed anything up yet, I'm amazed...

EDIT---The reason for me asking is for a high speed external port as my board doesn't have an esata and I've used up all my sata ports.  Guess I could add an esata card though. 
    Sunday, June 26, 2011 10:42 PM
  • I do not know about P8H67 MB. However, I have an ASrock H67M motherboard. This board has an ETron USB3 controller. After installing everything that came on the disk provided with the motherboard my USB3 controller did not work. I went into device manager and installed the USB3 driver from the motherboard disk. It worked USB3 is working  

• Marked as answer by danieldjb Monday, June 27, 2011 3:20 AM
    Monday, June 27, 2011 2:04 AM
  • Thanks, that's what seems to work on getting some of these drivers working on the motherboards, going in through Device manager and having either the cd in or the driver install program on a usb stick so the device manager just finds the driver instead of running the whole install program.  Actually, what I did too is order an esata card as my MB didn't have one and I've got a bunch of extra hd's sitting around.  I reviewed all the non-MS whs sites and ended up picking this one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816132020

Simple and non-raid just to be overly cautious about nothing messing with my RAID 5 inside.

Monday, June 27, 2011 3:24 AM