none
Excel Certification RRS feed

• Question

• How do I get certified on Microsoft Excel?  I started a new job that uses it extensively.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 11:55 PM

Answers

All replies

• There latest four exams for Excel certification are :

MOS: Microsoft Office Excel 2010 -  Exam 77-882
    MOS: Microsoft Office Excel 2010 Expert - Exam 77-888

MOS: Microsoft Office Excel 2007 - Exam 77-602
    MOS: Microsoft Office Excel 2007 Expert - Exam 77-851

You can find details of older Excel version exams here http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mos.aspx#certifications

The exam links above provide details of what's covered in each exam and what resources can be used to study for these exams.  Generally speaking, you will need at least 1yr of experience using Excel to pass these exams.

Exams are administered by CertiPort http://www.certiport.com/portal/desktopdefault.aspx?TZ=11

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 12:10 AM
  • Thank you.  do you have any suggestions on courses online or otherwise that would help me prepare?
    Wednesday, March 7, 2012 12:15 AM
  • Please review content under the menu "Test Candidates" on the CertiPort site to find details of how to prepare for certifications and where to locate testing centers.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

• Proposed as answer by tooleyrose Wednesday, March 7, 2012 1:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by K Randel Wednesday, March 7, 2012 8:57 PM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2012 12:16 AM
  • go to www.certiport.com you can schedule an exam there for around £100. Im a Microsoft Office Master with Word 2010 Expert, Excel 2010 Expert, PowerPoint and Outlook. in order to prepare for the exams, i would download GMetrix SMS. its a practice testing software for the MOS 2010/2007 exams. It costs £65 ($70) for 50 practice tests. good luck

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 8:24 PM