CRM 2015: Unable to connect CRM Organizations through Plugin Registration Tool RRS feed

• Question

• CRM 2015: Unable to connect CRM Organizations through Plugin Registration Tool, below is the error I am receiving while connecting..

Unhandled Exception: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Libraries.OrganizationHelper.GetLoggedOnUser(CrmOrganization org)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.PluginRegistration.Helper.<>c__DisplayClass5.<OpenConnection>b__1(Object o, DoWorkEventArgs e)

This is happening only with one specific Organization. Additionally I have noticed that enabling Data Encryption also giving error, When I hit on Data Encryption URL it is redirect to Error page and below is the error that I found in EventLog:

Thread ID: 226

Thread account name: DOMAIN\USERNAME

Is impersonating: False

Stack trace:    at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.ServiceCommands.PlatformCommand.XrmExecuteInternal()

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Pages.SqlEncryption.SqlEncryptionPage.ConfigureDialog()

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Thanks,

Madhu M.

• Edited by Madhu_M Friday, May 8, 2015 7:55 PM More Info
    Friday, May 8, 2015 7:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Madhu,

which version of Plugin Registration Tool do you use? There was a bug in the Plugin Registration Tool from previous CRM 2015 SDK, if I recall correctly. 

Alternative: try to connect with the Plugin Registration Tool from the latest CRM 2013 SDK.

Rob 

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 3:52 PM
  • The same Plugin Registration tool working for other Instances/Organizations in the same server. Earlier I have tried using CRM2013 but it has the same issues.

Madhu M.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 7:56 PM
  • Hi,

You need to resolve your data encryption problem on that organisation then your plugin registration tool will connect OK. This article may help you

http://www.crmphilly.com/crm-2013-data-encryption/

Rob

MCTS. GAP Consulting Ltd. Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 & 2013

• Proposed as answer by Rob Boyers Tuesday, May 12, 2015 9:47 PM
    Tuesday, May 12, 2015 9:47 PM