IME Download problem RRS feed

• Question

•  

I reformatted my C: drive and tried to download windows IME program,

but it says as follows.

No Office Products Detected

Problem: No Office products eligible for validation were found on this computer. This may be due to one of the following:

• The version of Office installed on this computer is earlier than Office XP.
    • There are currently no Office applications installed on this computer.
    • The version of Office you are using is hosted on another computer or a terminal server. Read more about this in the FAQ.

so I checked the posts here and ran the MGA Diagnositc.

The result was all passed and i got the message as follows.

Validation Complete!

Thank you for validating your copy of Microsoft Windows.

Thank you for using the Windows Genuine Advantage program. You may now access resources for genuine Windows user

I downloaded windows media player without any trouble but somehow i can't download IME program.

i'm using Windows XP and there's COA label attached on the bottom of my laptop saying Windows XP Professional,

Sony Corporation, product key and etc. with green and blue keyboard background.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks!

Elaine

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 6:02 PM

Answers

• Elaine Park, 

Chances are, you don't have a validated version of Office.  Or if you do, please go through the diagnositc tool

to check which version is on the machine:

If you could follow the steps outlined below, the diagnostics Web Site will attempt to resolve the validation errors you are experiencing with Office.

http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/diag/RunDiags.aspx?displayLang=en

Next follow the on-screen prompts to resolve the issue if any of the checks at the above site fail. If, after attempting to resolve the issue as per the instructions on the above site fails, please refer to the link below and run the MGA Diagnostics tool:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

You will be prompted to either “Run” or “Save” the tool. Choose to “Run” the tool and follow the on-screen prompts. You will receive an “Internet Explorer-Security Warning” dialog box for the “Windows Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool”; you must choose to “Run” this tool when prompted.

Once you are presented with the Diagnostics tool choose “Continue” to run the diagnostic report. If the “RESOLVE” button is available after running the diagnostics, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool to attempt a repair.

1.      After running the MGA Diagnostic tool, click on the “Windows” tab and then click on “Copy”.

2.      Please return to this post and “Paste” the results here for additional review.

You can also visit the IME website here for information on IME installs:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie6/downloads/recommended/ime/default.mspx

I hope this has helped.

Lori MS

Friday, April 25, 2008 8:52 PM