how to pay a bill from a temporary loan account RRS feed

  • Question

  • I normally pay joint grocery bill or utility bills from a joint account

    When this account  is overdrawn I often have to pay these bills from a sole account

    I want to account for this, perhaps by way of a loan account and then repay this from the joint account at a later date but also need to categorise the repayment under the correct expenditure category eg Food : Groceries or Bill : Electricity

    Any thoughts as to how to achieve this ?

    Tuesday, September 8, 2015 12:48 PM

All replies

  • I do something similar with a Future Receivables acct (your sole acct)

    Pay the bill using the correct expense category in this acct.

    Then use the special transfer category (type xfer and you'll see the acct list) when you reimburse that transaction from your Joint Acct as you pay it from there.


    • Proposed as answer by ameridan Tuesday, September 8, 2015 5:20 PM
    • Edited by ameridan Tuesday, September 8, 2015 5:20 PM
    Tuesday, September 8, 2015 5:20 PM