none
false validation accusation sucks up time and causes frustration RRS feed

• Question

• I needed a PDF viewer and chose to invest in a modest offering from Adobe. My goal was to install 8.0 and maybe something from them which might prove usefull. After paying the on-line fee I began the downloads. I installed Flash Player Active X, then e-PDF at which time a blue screen appeared stating that a problem with windows had accurred and that windows was shut down to prevent damage to my computer. After recovering from this event, another screen appeared that said that I did not have a validated copy of vista (I'm using lower case on purpose!). It showed a box to validate online, but kept insisting that the copy was pirated.  I was locked out of vista. I did a cold reboot, at which time  I has the chance to re-enter the product key code. This got me back in. It was late so I crashed (no I'm not windows supported, it just happens). After coming home from work, I booted up and got the blue screen of warning again, but this time the system did not reboot. I did another cold boot, chose safe mode and uninstalled the Adobe software. After restart, all seems well. Geeze! Some OS! This was on my third day with the OS. Hope it's not a harbinger of things to come.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 3:51 AM

Answers

• Hello Scott,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Forum.  The purpose of this forum is the support of Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) program.  Your question is off topic as well as outside my area of knowledge. Please post your question along with the information you provide me with  in the following forum:  

http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=1004&SiteID=25

Next, in order to receive the best support, we request all users to initially run the Microsoft Genuine Diagnostics tool.  In turn the tool will try and identify the individual issue you may be experiencing.  Also, please provide a brief synopsis describing the issue including any error messages or codes.

The Genuine Diagnostics tool may be downloaded and ran from the following link:  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the “Windows” tab, click “Copy”, then paste the report into a response message in this thread. You will receive assistance from a moderator in the Vista Forum.  Thank you Scott and have a great day!!!

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA Forum manager

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 5:41 PM