word 2007 automation using MFC in visual C++ 6 RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing a word automation application using MFC and I am doing this in visual c++ 6. I have some problem setting ParagraphFormat property of a Paragraph object. As I found no related forum on Forums Home, I decided to ask where I can get some answers to my questions. 
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 5:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello ,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest posting your question in the '

Have a great day!

Thanks!

SachinW Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    • Proposed as answer by SachinW Tuesday, August 25, 2009 9:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by SachinW Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:07 AM
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 9:14 PM
  • I suggest you ask in the word programming newsgroup . Drop MFC in your question when you ask, MFC does not help much except generating wrapper classes of COM objects.

Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    • Marked as answer by Majid L Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:28 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Majid L Thursday, August 27, 2009 9:17 AM
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 10:36 PM
  • I asked my question in the newsgroup you suggested, but they told me that the newsgroup is for the use of VBA and not C++ and MFC. As creating new objects of "word object model" is quit different in VBA and MFC I had to include MFC and C++ in my question.

So, please refer me to another forum.
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 9:25 AM
  • word object model is COM, which has nothing to do with VBA or C++, that means you need to create the same object and call the same method. Drop your language requirement, ask how to do in VBA. Then translate the sample code to C++.

Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 11:31 AM