Certificate Revoked Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I am running WHS2011 and every couple of days the server revokes its certificate. To resolve this I go in delete the revoked certificate (I have even reissued the cert, still revokes the new one) and rerun the connector to go daddy. Then I can access it for couple of days, then once again it revokes it. Any thoughts? I have even purchased a new certificate from go daddy to see if that was the problem, but I did nothing to fix it. Is it me or is something inherently flawed with WHS2011. Dave 
    Friday, August 2, 2013 4:48 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

What’s going on after purchasing the new certificate? I suggest we could try to refer to article below to troubleshoot the issue.

How to: Fix the Windows Home Server Certificate Revocation Error

http://www.homeserverland.com/2011/03/how-to-fix-the-windows-home-server-certificate-revocation-error/

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Friday, August 16, 2013 3:27 AM
    Saturday, August 3, 2013 8:36 AM
  • Thanks Andy,

That just hides the problem it doesn't fix it. What I need to know is why it would keep revoking it.

Dave

Monday, August 5, 2013 8:19 PM
  • Same problem here - did anyone ever find a solution (to the revocation, not ignoring it)?

TIA!

Richard

Sunday, January 4, 2015 3:09 PM
  • I'm having the same issue after reinstallation...

revoked certificate, removed revoked one, reconnected, works for a few minutes, revoked again...

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 7:17 AM
  • Godaddy is having a problem, they are aware of it

Grey

Thursday, January 15, 2015 1:49 AM
  • Since 2013????? I mean, I'm very glad to hear this - especially if it gets fixed, but the problem seems to go back a LONG time....  I've mostly switched over to using my own cert (free from StartSSL) and just using an A record to point DNS to the MS/WHS DDNS - but that's sorta half-fast, so I'm not thrilled with it.

Richard

Thursday, January 15, 2015 5:10 AM