Sql Server Sync with Sql Compact via WCF deployed in IIS RRS feed

• Question

• My App setup
    Master DB - SQL Server 2008 which has no direct internet access, also since I am on Shared hosting for SQL Server I can't enable change tracking on the Database itself. I believe its necessary to turn on Change tracking for several older samples, but I can't take that approach.
    Middle Tier - Windows Server 2008 - IIS - I want to be able to deploy the WCF services in IIS which expose the Sync services
    Client Windows Forms with SQL Compact 3.5 SP2 on Windows 7

I have looked at the sample [  http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Database-Sync-SQL-Server-7e88adab ] it fits my needs well. Only problem is that I can't figure out how to deploy the WCF services in IIS instead of making it self-activated as given in the sample. Also in the sample they directly access the WCF library via Add Reference rather than use a Service Reference to the WCF services creating their own proxy classes. I tried to create *.svc files for the 2 Services given in the samples, and I can browse them in IE. But I try to add Service Reference it fails in VS 2012. If I add reference to the Service library then the Proxy class fail's as it tries to create a proxy using the IIS Credentials.

I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction on how to host these services in IIS. Right now I can able to find any other compelling samples.

Friday, November 16, 2012 6:59 PM

All replies