CRM 2013 : ActivityFeeds.Plugins.ActivityClose: Create of account RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When i'm trying to save an account or a custom entity call "new_chantier" i got a SDK error.
    I activated trace:

>Web Service Plug-in failed in SdkMessageProcessingStepId: {886AED7E-489A-E411-82AE-000C29BAC811}; EntityName: 
    account; Stage: 40; MessageName: Create; AssemblyName: ActivityFeeds.Plugins.ActivityClose,
    ActivityFeeds.Plugins, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35;
    ClassName: ActivityFeeds.Plugins.ActivityClose; Exception: Unhandled Exception:
    Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.InvalidPluginExecutionException: An error occurred. Contact a system administrator or
    refer to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM SDK troubleshooting guide. at ActivityFeeds.Plugins.PluginBase`1.Execute(IServiceProvider serviceProvider) at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.V5PluginProxyStep.ExecuteInternal(PipelineExecutionContext context) at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.VersionedPluginProxyStepBase.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context)

I lauch plugin registrator and disable the step, then it works.

What's happening ? I guess if this plugin exist, it must be enabled

Thank you in advance
    Regards,

• Edited by KMAREC Wednesday, January 21, 2015 2:17 PM
    Wednesday, January 21, 2015 9:31 AM

Answers

• Hi KMAREC,
    you accidentally registered additional steps to the ActivityClose method of ActivityFeeds assembly.
    To be exact these 3:

Create of new_chantier
    Create of account
    Create of new_chantier

you need to delete these 3 steps.

This mistake happens when you register a new assembly, after you registered it, the Plugin Registration Tool doesn't select the just loaded assembly but the first one in the list (in your case the ActivityFeeds one) so you added the step to the activity feeds instead of your just added Assembly.

EDIT: please edit your first post removing or splitting the first line, it makes the forum page to be very large

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

• Proposed as answer by Guido PreiteMVP Wednesday, January 21, 2015 12:30 PM
    • Edited by Guido PreiteMVP Wednesday, January 21, 2015 12:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by KMAREC Wednesday, January 21, 2015 2:27 PM
    Wednesday, January 21, 2015 12:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This has happened to our implementation as well and we had to disable to activity feed plug-in as well. If you are not using activity feed for the operation you had to disable, no harm done.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minal Dahiya
    blog : http://minaldahiya.blogspot.com.au/

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 10:55 AM
  • Hi,

This has happened to our implementation as well and we had to disable to activity feed plug-in as well. If you are not using activity feed for the operation you had to disable, no harm done.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minal Dahiya
    blog : http://minaldahiya.blogspot.com.au/

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Hello Minal,

Thank you for your answer.
    Can you explain me functions of the "activityfeed" ? Do i need to desactivate activityfeed.Plugins assembly ?

Regards,

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 11:46 AM
  • Hi KMAREC,
    you accidentally registered additional steps to the ActivityClose method of ActivityFeeds assembly.
    To be exact these 3:

Create of new_chantier
    Create of account
    Create of new_chantier

you need to delete these 3 steps.

This mistake happens when you register a new assembly, after you registered it, the Plugin Registration Tool doesn't select the just loaded assembly but the first one in the list (in your case the ActivityFeeds one) so you added the step to the activity feeds instead of your just added Assembly.

EDIT: please edit your first post removing or splitting the first line, it makes the forum page to be very large

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

• Proposed as answer by Guido PreiteMVP Wednesday, January 21, 2015 12:30 PM
    • Edited by Guido PreiteMVP Wednesday, January 21, 2015 12:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by KMAREC Wednesday, January 21, 2015 2:27 PM
    Wednesday, January 21, 2015 12:30 PM