How to remove Status Reason values from the Opportunity Status Reason list RRS feed

• Question

• I would appreciate hints how to proceed in such situation. We are using Microsoft CRM v.2011. We have number of Status Reason values for Lost Opportunity, which are not needed anymore. Is any good way to keep not disrupted historical data for Lost Opportunities but not to show outdated selections of Lost Status Reasons for users? Thank you for suggestions.
    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 11:30 AM

All replies

• I don't think there is an easy way to do this. You could rename the status reasons that you don't want to use any more that makes it clear that they should not be used. Perhaps put a "z" in the front. Existing records would show the renamed reason. But check that nothing else, such as reports, relies on the name of the reason.

Or you could change the sort order and move the reasons to the end of the list.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 11:55 AM
  • Thank You for suggestion! You are right regarding "no easy way". After the discussion we end up with with temporarily solution - create a scrip to hide not needed values. For future we plan to have a custom solution - option set or new entity look-up to have flexibility to add or remove Status Reason values  according the business wish.
    Wednesday, May 4, 2016 12:09 PM
  • Yes a custom entity works well because you can deactivate records that are no longer relevant but still keep them.

I don't think an option set would help because you will have the same problem.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 12:12 PM
  • Custom entity seems like a right solution. But from usability point of view I would prefer Option set with careful tracking of option set values numbers, not to use the same for new added value. Less clicks for users. We will check with business.
    Wednesday, May 4, 2016 12:22 PM