Money won't start RRS feed

• Question

• For no apparent reason when I  click to open my Microsoft Money file it starts, but immediately shuts down stating 'Microsoft Money has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem'

I have a number of back up solutions but am unable to open the programme to access these. I can start a new Money file, but then can't open any back ups from it. I have even gone back to a previous restore point to see if somehow an update changed it's access - but still not working. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Friday, May 27, 2016 12:32 PM

All replies

• Copy Sample.mny from your install folder (typically in C:\Program
    Files\Microsoft Money* or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Money*" ) to your
    Documents folder.  Open Money by right-clicking that copy of
    sample.mny and choose Open.  Does it open and work?
    If not, the problem is probably with your installation. In that case,
    reinstall Money.

If Sample.mny works, I suspect a problem with your
    file.  Hold (make a copy of) your backups in case you want to restore one that
    pre-dates the problem.  You can switch back to your file by clicking File, and
    selecting your regular file from the list at the bottom.

You can try a File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair.  That is simple, but it
    probably will not solve this.  Then try I would try making a repaired version
    of your file with File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2

If it still does not work, try restoring a backup that pre-dates the problem.

Friday, May 27, 2016 1:03 PM
  • Many thanks. I have back ups but system says they're incompatible or corrupt. I'll give what you suggest a try. Kind regards
    Saturday, May 28, 2016 9:29 AM