none
Images resized to fit posts become unreadable RRS feed

• Question

• First of all, thank you for adding the image feature!

There is a problem however with viewing large images. The CSS limits the max-width to 98% width of the parent element. On small screens the scaling may render the image unreadable. (You can test it by resizing your browser window, try here for example.)

A workaround is to download the image separately by hacking the url from the source code (or using the context menu -> properties... or, if you happen to have a web developer toolbar, disabling that particular css styling.) This is less than optimal.

The image should be a link to the original.

Also, not forgetting those on a slow / pay-per-byte connection, you could add an option to not show images in posts (just links to them) in the user profile for example.

Friday, August 12, 2011 9:09 AM

Answers

• Thanks for the suggestions, we considered the 'link to the bigger image', and we'll think about that for future updates. I don't think we'll offer an option to not show images though, I think people can just use their browser option if they really want to do that. This would hide all images, so it would be too much, but I doubt we'll add this one thing as a new option. We are trying to keep the app as simple as we can.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by sipla Monday, August 15, 2011 8:39 AM
    Friday, August 12, 2011 10:57 PM
    Answerer