Video Conference fails on OC 2007 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All,

We are facing a very starange problem. We use ocs 2007 enterprise edition. here is the description of problem.

Two users are in an IM conversation. when they start the video it works fine. But they are not able to invite the third user and it fails with the error"Your attempt to start a conference was unsuccessful. If you need further assistance, contact your system ".

When the same users first enable the audio and then video, it works fine for the conference.....only starting the video directly gives the problem..

Any pointers??

Cheers

Pankaj

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 2:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Pankaj,

I would try running the A/V validation wizard in the OCS console. Also: check the event log on the OCS server and enable logging on your OC clients then check the log files on the clients. To me, it sounds like the A/V service on your OCS service is not fully functional or configured 100%.

Regards,

Matt

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:25 PM
  • Hi Matt,

We have run the validation Wizard and there were no error. Also the OCS Server show the following error:

Event Type:      Error

Event Source:   OCS User Services

Event Category:            (1006)

Event ID:          32069

Date:                1/7/2008

Time:                4:44:38 PM

User:                N/A

Computer:         CTSINCHNOFE1

Description:

The Mcu Factory returned failure for a request sent to it. Conferencing requests for this Mcu type will be retried but if this error continues to occur conferencing functionality will be affected.

Mcu Type: meeting

Resolution:

Ensure that the Mcu Factory is provisioned and functioning correctly. If any network related errors are reported by the Mcu Factory ensure that they are resolved.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Solution: http://forums.microsoft.com/unifiedcommunications/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1732289&SiteID=57.

It just does not work intermittently.

Regards

Pankaj

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 11:32 PM
  • Is this only internal or only when 1 user is internal and the other external?

-Joachim Farla

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 7:16 PM
  • Hi,

You may want ot check you version of MOC. It may be unrelated to your problem but here is the KB article that describes a problem with audio and video conferencing with MOC:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948120/

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Chris

Monday, June 30, 2008 2:13 PM
  • Pankaj,

How many front end servers are in the pool? Is there a hardware load balancer in place? If so, have you configured the load balancer to open port 444 for server <-> Mcu Factory communications and Mcu <-> Mcu Factory communications?

Stu Osborn

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 10:21 PM
  • I have a very similar problem.  Doing a 2 party audio (or video) conference works fine.  In this case, one user is on the same LAN as the OCS servers and the other user can also be on the same LAN or on a different LAN, requiring the connection to be made via the web.

However, when I attempt to add a third user, the conference is created, but all users no on the OCS LAN are disconnected.
    If I have two users in a conference on the OCS LAN, and add another user requiring access via the web, the "web" user gets notification of the call, but when the join is attempted, I'll either see "Call ended" or "Call has been disconnected".

The configuration is one OCS FES (W2K3 R2), A/V Server (W2K3 R2), A/V Edge Server (W2K3) and the needed AD Server, SQL Server, etc. for an Expanded Enterprise topology.

One curious this I discovered is when the third user attempts to join, the STUN traffic on the "web" user attempts to be directed to the IP address of the A/V Server using the OCS LAN IP Address.  Which, being the "web" user is on a completely different LAN will fail.  So it appears to be a problem related to converting a two party conversation to a multiparty conference.  It may also be related to cirtificates, but I haven't been able to spot anything wrong as yet.

Any ideas?

- Mark

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 3:10 PM