Adding folder to mesh from Storage Card points to Extended ROM RRS feed

• General discussion

• My HTC Apache PPC 6700 has an extended ROM, which I have unlocked and am now showing in file explorer as "\Extended ROM".

When I add a folder to Live Mesh on my mobile device from my storage card, for instance, "\Storage Card\ThisFolder", Live Mesh gets something added. However, when I go and look at the folder that it points to on my device, is says "\Extended ROM\Live Folders\ThisFolder".

Mark
    Friday, October 31, 2008 3:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

Please see this thread.  I believe that might explain what you're seeing (though please let me know if I've misunderstood you).

Thanks,

Ben.
    Friday, October 31, 2008 8:51 PM
  • The thread that you referenced is not similar to my problem.

Let me give further explanation.

On the pda:
    • Run the Live Mesh application.
    • From the right soft-key menu, select "add existing folder".
    • From the explorer that shows
      • double-click "storage card". Not that when my explorer comes up on my pda, I see "Extended ROM" as a peer to "Storage Card"; "Extended ROM" is considered to be external storage, just as "Storage Card" is.
      • Double-click "Live Folders"
      • single-click the folder that is to be shared (ie. "ThisFolder")
      • click the right soft-key "Select" button.
    • Upon returning to the live mesh application, I see a new entry in the list of folders, including "ThisFolder" with a light blue folder icon.
    • Double-click on the "ThisFolder" folder. This will run File Explorer, and automatically  navigate to the folder on your physical medium.
    • In my case, it is showing me "My Device / Extended ROM / Live Folders / ThisFolder." It should be "My Device / Storage Card / Live Folders / ThisFolder".

It's like the program picks the first external storage it can find. In my case on my pda, I have 2 external storage mediums, "Extended ROM" and "Storage Card".

Furthermore, if I am in the Live Mesh application on the pda,

• Select a Mesh folder that is not currently sync'ed to the pda (one with a shortcut icon).
    • Form the right soft-key menu, select "sync folder with mobilie".
    • The dialog that pops up asks "select wehre to synchronize podcasts". I only gives 2 options... "device memory" and "extended ROM". There is no choice for "Storage Card".

It looks like it only will support one external storage medium, that being the first one it finds.

Mark

Saturday, November 1, 2008 12:45 PM
  • I have exactly the same issue on my Treo Pro with an unlocked extended ROM.  Live Mesh sems to be confused by there being two additional "drives" instead of the usual one.  I cannot add a storage card-based folder ot my mesh - which is annoying because there is very little space in my phone's memory and I'd like to be able to sync a reasonable amount of data.

JT
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 8:21 PM
  • Hi Mark and JT,

Live Mesh for Mobile does not currently support multiple storage card scenarios, I'm afraid, and the extended ROM is treated by the OS as a storage card.  There are also no good workarounds at the moment.  But please feel free to add a request for multiple storage card support to our Suggestions thread - we have been, and will continue to be, very responsive to customer suggestions.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, November 3, 2008 8:48 PM
  • So... I did some poking around on my PPC this morning... I found the file, <\Extended ROM\Application Data\Live Mesh\Config\cardId.txt>, and I moved it to <\Storage Card\Application Data\Live Mesh\Config\cardId.txt>. Now the Live Mesh client application is using my Storage Card... So happy!!!!! :)
    Wednesday, November 5, 2008 2:44 PM