Using the Windows Media Center Keyboard and Mouse with WHS RRS feed

• Question

• I have the Microsoft Windows Media Center Keyboard and Mouse from a copy of XP Media Center 2005 and would like to use the keyboard - mouse setup on my WHS. My WHS is located less than 10FT from my home media center and if i could use the wireless functionality of these devices would be a real plus when connecting the WHS to my TV. Has anyone managed to get these devices to work with the WHS?
    My server is home grown dual quadcore 3.2 GHz, 4gig of ram, 6TB of drive space 
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 11:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Windows Home Server should detect you keyboard and mouse but may not use any extra buttons or features on it. 

Cheers,
    Al

p.s. Windows Home Server is meant to be headless - that is any operations you need to do should be done through the Windows Home Server Console on a client machine.
    --
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 11:24 AM
  • Headless I understand but I am using different Media Servers for added options and features which MS does not offer with it's Media or Console features. I have plugged in the USB wireless hub and WHS does say "found new hardware" but it can't find the drivers for it or at least WHS says there are no drivers for it and trying to load the drivers from the XP Media Center CD is a dead end also.
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 7:27 PM
  • You would need drivers for Server 2003 - I don't know whether they are provided or not
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 7:35 PM
  • XP Drivers will also do - not Vista ones though:

Did you try a google for "Drivers PRODUCTNAME" - you don't say which model of keyboard you have so I can't find them for you.

Have you looked at:
    http://www.microsoft.com/uk/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=MK

If there is a model number on the base of the keyboard that can help out a lot.
    --
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 10:16 PM