Where is the express backup RRS feed

• Question

• I used to manually backup to DVD's every month or so, and do an express backup.  Now it appears to be missing (Not an option listed on the main page).  How can I do this without having to start over?

Saturday, March 29, 2008 12:55 AM

Answers

• In Instant Help it describes the process for doing a manual backup and mentions a Express Backup for new or changed files, as long as you performed a backup previously. If you reinstall OneCare, or reset the database due to a problem, knowledge of the old backups is gone and you need to perform a new backup.

I am currently running a small backup for the first time to test the steps.

It was a nice small backup to CD and completed while I was pasting the text below. When you click Start backup, it should present you with the option for an Express backup or Start a new backup.

-steve

This is from Instant Help:

To back up your files:
    1. Open OneCare.
    2. Create a new backup plan or review the default backup plan. For more information, see Create a backup plan.
    3. In the OneCare main window, in the Backup and Restore area, click Start backup.
    4. Optional: Verify that an external hard disk is connected to the computer.
    5. If you're performing a backup for the first time, click Start backup.

–or–

If you've previously backed up your files, choose the type of backup that you want to perform.

Back up files that have changed since the last backup

Select this option if you want to perform an incremental backup.

1. Click Express backup.
    2. Click Start backup.

To see which files were backed up, after the backup finishes, click View details

Perform a full backup

Select this option if you want to back up all the files that you selected in your backup plan.

1. Click Start a new backup.
    2. Click Start backup.

To see which files were backed up, after the backup finishes, click View details.

• Click Finish.
Saturday, March 29, 2008 2:37 AM