none
start menu and action center will not open and system restore has failed at all atempts RRS feed

• Question

• today i set up my main computer and turned it on after a week of fixing other units. when i turned it on i got an error and it restarted and went to the auto repair feature in windows 10. after about 1.5 hours it restarted fine but now the start menu and the action center no longer work or open when clicked on !  i trye restoring the system back to an auto restore point om  march 30,2017 but if failed. so i tried the march 7 2017 auto restore point and that failed also . i have tried all of the 4/30/2017 restore points but no work and they all have failed.  this pc was working fine last week whe i shut it down to repair some other desktops for people . now today it had a hard time starting and showed errors and went to auto repair mode ,which didn't competely fix any problem obviously !
    Sunday, April 30, 2017 10:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• They'll help you over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, April 30, 2017 11:12 PM
  • Please choose one of the forums for windows 10 IT pro:  Hardware and performance or general.

Please post information on:

Which windows 10 version?  1607 or 1703?

Have you made any recent hardware or software changes.  Are you able to navigate through the windows troubleshooting menu and have you tried any of the other repair options?

If you have windows 1607 do you want to upgrade to windows version 1703?

In case it is needed do you have a flash drive or a bootable windows 10 iso?

Do you have files backed up?
    Sunday, April 30, 2017 11:23 PM