32 bit and 64 bit IE on 64 bit Vista RRS feed

• Question

• I have Vista 64 and the OS load (done by Best Buy) contains both 32 bit IE and 64 bit IE.  64 bit IE works OK.  However, if I open 32 bit IE, either directly or via a URL from email (Outlook), the system opens BOTH IE applications simultaneously and locks.  Only way out is to kill both via Task Manager.  Any ideas how to fix?  Best Buy wants money to fix the problem I beleive they created.
    • Moved by Nancy Shao Friday, December 4, 2009 6:42 AM t (From:Visual C++ General)
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 1:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• I am afraid you are in a wrong forum. This forum is for writing software using Visual C++. Search "IE newsgroup" to find a place for IE discussions.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 2:46 AM
  • Take your computer back to Best Buy and ask for your money back. It's a nice simple solution which makes the problem go away.
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 3:17 AM
  • Hi Lincolnsport,

I'm moving this thread to " Where is the forum for..." forum, since this issue is not related to Visual C++, and I have not found a good forum for you to move to. And you will get best suggestion in "Where is the forum for..." forum.

Best Regards,
    Nancy
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, December 4, 2009 6:42 AM
  • Or ask here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Saturday, August 4, 2012 11:08 PM