none
Some alerts aren't being sent RRS feed

• Question

• You'll hate me for posting an issue this vague.  Apologies, in advance.

I am not receiving all of the alerts for the threads that I've subscribed to.  I inquired with some of the other moderators and answerers, just to verify that I'm not losing it entirely, and they're seeing the same behaviour.  In this thread, for instance:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/transactsql/thread/be36dfb1-b915-4309-8b07-d17c42047be4/

I did receive an alert for the last post, but I did not receive an alert for the second-to-last post.  Same thread, and I can assure you that I did not go back in between the posts to subscribe to the thread.

Please let me know if there is any more information that I can provide.

Aaron Alton | thehobt.blogspot.com
    • Edited by Aaron Alton Monday, December 15, 2008 5:33 AM Spelling, and bolded all
    Monday, December 15, 2008 5:07 AM

Answers

All replies

• Just about everybody and his dog has reported here that alerts aren't working.

Got any *new* issues ?
    Monday, December 15, 2008 5:27 AM
  • Mike,

If you read my post again, the issue that we are experiencing is that SOME, but not ALL alerts are being sent.  Every 'alerts' complaint I have read in this forum relates to not receiving alerts AT ALL, and it usually has to do with email configuration.  This issue seems to relate to the alerts not being sent by the alert engine at all.  Can you post links to any of the reports that you're referring to?  It's possible that I've missed the other bug reports detailing the same issue.

Aaron Alton | thehobt.blogspot.com
    Monday, December 15, 2008 5:37 AM
  • That phase of issues have been fixed. New issues keep popping up with new features, code, and tools, though.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Friday, April 13, 2012 8:47 PM
    Owner