Won't accept credit card RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to activate my ONE CARE it would not accept my credit card and I need to talk to someone

Saturday, December 1, 2007 9:58 PM

Answers

• Sorry that you were unable to purchase OneCare. If you are in a supported country, then it is possible that your credit card information included characters other than letters and numbers in the name and address fields. I know that sounds stupid, but others have reported that this is a problem on the Billing form.

-steve

Monday, December 3, 2007 12:49 AM

All replies

• Don't worry I got McAfee instead

Sunday, December 2, 2007 7:58 PM
  • Sorry that you were unable to purchase OneCare. If you are in a supported country, then it is possible that your credit card information included characters other than letters and numbers in the name and address fields. I know that sounds stupid, but others have reported that this is a problem on the Billing form.

-steve

Monday, December 3, 2007 12:49 AM
  • As i try to purchase from my 90 day trial I am unable to complete credit card information as it insists on a state and zip code (US) I am based in Cyprus and it does not offer me the ability to put my local address in for billing information.

Sunday, February 24, 2008 5:57 AM
  •  Gary E Birch wrote:
    As i try to purchase from my 90 day trial I am unable to complete credit card information as it insists on a state and zip code (US) I am based in Cyprus and it does not offer me the ability to put my local address in for billing information.

You won't be able to activate a subscription to OneCare if you are in Cyprus.

In which countries and languages is Windows Live OneCare available?

The Windows Live OneCare subscription service is available in the following countries and languages: Australia (English), Austria (German), Belgium (Dutch, French), Canada (English, French), France (French), Germany (German), Ireland (English), Italy (Italian), Japan (Japanese), Mexico (Spanish), Netherlands (Dutch), New Zealand (English), Singapore (English), Spain (Spanish), Switzerland (French, German), United Kingdom (English), United States (English, Spanish).

Pasted from <http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/faq.htm>

-steve

Monday, February 25, 2008 12:46 AM
  • I know this thread is a little old but can anyone tell me why windows live one care is not available in Cyprus.. I find it very strange that most other security software can be bought over the internet in Cyprus.. I am very upset as I find One care the best that I have ever used. If it is bought over the internet why does it matter which country you are in...
    Saturday, June 6, 2009 4:39 PM
  • I know this thread is a little old but can anyone tell me why windows live one care is not available in Cyprus.. I find it very strange that most other security software can be bought over the internet in Cyprus.. I am very upset as I find One care the best that I have ever used. If it is bought over the internet why does it matter which country you are in...

It will not be available after the end of this year or slightly sooner - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaregeneral/thread/64d5a8bf-5c4f-4389-8510-76f233c65aa6

Availability of OneCare in a country was/is determined by a number of factors including language support, contract, local regulations, and ability of the support origanization to provide support for customers.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, June 8, 2009 1:14 AM