TRANSACTION REGISTER RRS feed

• Question

• IN MONEY 99, IN THE TRANSACTION REGISTER YOU COULD PUT YOUR CATEGORY AN YOUR SUB CATEGORY, IT HAD A LEFT AN RIGHT SIDE. I DOWNLOADED THIS NEW MONEY AND IT ONLY SHOWS THE CATEGORY, IS THERE A WAY I CAN CHANGE THAT TO SHOW SUB CATEGORY ON THE REGISTER AND TRANSACTION FORMS....BECAUSE I NEED IT TO PRINT WHEN I PRINT OUT CATEGORY SPENDING REPORTS. THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE, I MIGHT NOT BE EXPLAINING THIS CLEARLY ENOUGH.
    Friday, January 4, 2013 12:30 PM

All replies

• It would be clearer if you did not use all caps. However I went through it, and I could not find what program you are using.

For newer versions, tick Tools->Settings->CategorySettings->ChooseCategoriesAndSubcategoriesFromSeparateLists
    and for Money 2006 it is
    Tools->Settings->Categories->UseTheDualCategoryDropdownControl

For Money 2005 there is a registry setting.

Friday, January 4, 2013 3:38 PM
  • Sorry about the caps, I just can read easier in caps.

I looked the version I have is 17.0.158.3817,

What you said sounds like it might be what I want, but I went where you said and it wasn't an optionany other thoughts would be great

The version I was using was just version 7.

thanks for any further help or ideas you have as I am lost on this new version......if I can't likc it I may go back to my old but I do need it to print or show both on the register transaction, my only other idea is skip a few spaces and type it in.

So far I can't even get the category report to print out of checks I wrote so far.....

again thanks for any help you can render.

Friday, January 4, 2013 9:39 PM
  • The settiing for Money Plus is
    Tools->Settings->CategorySettings->ChooseCategoriesAndSubcategoriesFromSeparateLists

I will edit my earlier post to correct it.

Money version 7 would be Money 99.

Friday, January 4, 2013 9:50 PM
  • Thank you so much...........this did it, I went in and changed all entries for the year and now am going to play and see why my category report won't print out........again thanks..........
    Saturday, January 5, 2013 12:26 PM
  • I'm glad you got your separate subcategory list working. That is the setting I use too.

Besides reports, Banking->AccountTools->Categories&Payees->Categories will get you to Categories.  Even better, you can click Shortcuts at the top, and configure in Categories (and other favorite places) for single-click access.

You can double-click on a Category and see a list of transactions that use that Category.

If you want to delete or consolidate a category, Select a category that you want to be rid of and click Delete or Move at the bottom.  If you are using the category for existing transactions, Money will ask what category you want those transactions reassigned to.

Saturday, January 5, 2013 9:48 PM
  • Thank you! Thank you!  Thank you!
    Saturday, February 29, 2020 9:14 PM