none
Missing software RRS feed

• Question

• I bought a new HP MediaSmart Server and it is missing all the software.  I downloaded WHS PP1 and I tried using WHS connector to connect to my PC.  I got error message telling that different version WHS is installed in server, no files downloaded from server.  I guess it means WHS before PP1.  I tried using Ken Warren posting using Remote access to to the server and do a server installation.  However, I never set up a user/password.  Is there a default user/password?  Anyway to get around this.  Tx
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 3:55 PM

Answers

• When you purchased your server, you should have received two CDs and one DVD. Those are the Windows Home Server Connector CD, the Home Computer Restore CD, and the Server Recovery DVD. Without those disks, you will not be able to complete OOBE setup.

If you didn't receive any disks, you should contact HP or take the server back to the vendor for exchange.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 6:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    you will have to uninstall the Connector software from one client and then install it from the delivered CD or via http://hpserver:55000 to initialize the OOBE process of server configuration.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 4:11 PM
  • Hi

Thank you for your quick response.  I am kind of newbie with server.  I do not have installed the connector software in any client computer.  I do not have a CD either.  I tried http://hpserver:55000 but I get an error message in "/" application:
    The resource cannot be found. body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /home/default.aspx

I can see the server in the network (192.168.1.102)

Thank you

Pato
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:12 PM
  • When you purchased your server, you should have received two CDs and one DVD. Those are the Windows Home Server Connector CD, the Home Computer Restore CD, and the Server Recovery DVD. Without those disks, you will not be able to complete OOBE setup.

If you didn't receive any disks, you should contact HP or take the server back to the vendor for exchange.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 6:09 PM