What is the general process to import a list and run a campaign RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to CRM so I apologise up front for such a basic question.  I have not found any best practise guides or other material to help me set up the system (from a user perspective) for its first campaign.  I have set it up and configured the CRM system without issue.  What I want to know is the basic steps to get information into CRM and run a campaign. I dont need troo  much detail, I need higher level direction on how best to RUN/SETUP a campaign in the CRM system.  My company is a professional services firm.

This is what I have to set up...

- import 2 different lists of approx. 200 cpy/names/email addresses  (not exisitng customers)

- categorize the 2 lists in CRM so I can differentiate them so I can run different campigns  against the lists. 

- set up 2 sets of marketing literature in CRM to send out with each campaign.

What I am trying to avoid is importing these lists incorrectly, to find out in 6 months that I have a big mess to clean up. 

Thanks for any insight.

Friday, June 13, 2008 2:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• To answer your main question, yes, you can import marketing lists via the CRM import utility.  To keep them separate, you would save them as distinct marketing lists.  If you want a little bit more flexibility, you can use something like the C360 import manager:
    http://www.c360.com/ImportManager.aspx

As for the how to process on setting up and managing campaigns, that is too broad of a topic to be answered in a forum.  I would recommend that you pick up a copy of Microsoft CRM 4 for dummies.  http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Dynamics-Dummies-Computer-Tech/dp/0470343257/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213445003&sr=8-4

It has great step by step instructions for the marketing functionality in CRM.
    Saturday, June 14, 2008 12:05 PM
  •  

thank you,  that is very helpful.  I was looking for a crm 4 for a book earlier and did not find one.  Now I know it exisits I will order it on-line thanks again.
    Saturday, June 14, 2008 2:37 PM
  • Monday, June 16, 2008 10:08 AM