Workflow - Send Email - Use Template - Http.Web.HttpUnhandledException RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm trying to setup a process (workflow) to send a email using a template.

So far, it doesn't matter what entity I select, what settings I choose in 'General'. As soon as I select the 'Use Template' from the drop down I get the red X message saying 'The process includes and invalid reference'.

Then when I click on 'Set Properties' I get the following error:-

Microsoft CRM Error Report:

Error Description:An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
    Error Details:Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.
    Full Stack:[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Sfa.WorkflowEntityForm.SendEmailFieldProperties(CrmFormEventArgs e)

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.OnDataBound(CrmFormEventArgs e)

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity, FormDescriptor fd)

at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Sfa.EntityForm.ConfigureForm()

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

[HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.]
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Other Message:
    Error Number:
    Source File:Not available
    Line Number:Not available
    Error Trace:

Date: 07-25-2013
    Time: 10:21:03
    Server: localhost

Request URL: localhost:5555/ABC/SFA/Workflow/entityform.aspx?entityFullName=incident&entityname=email&mode=3&primaryentity=incident&stepId=SendEmailStep1&templateId=&workflowId=7bc15353-bb1d-471c-80d3-650f68f90c57

Any Idea's on how to fix this? as the stack trace doesn't really help me.

Many Thanks

Ben

• Edited by BenGabb Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:58 AM
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:44 AM

All replies

• Can you provide a screenshot? Is this a dev environment?
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:49 AM
  • Hi,

I can not provide a screenshot sorry because my account is not verified. I have emailed fissue@micro to try and get verified, is there another way?

Yes this is a dev environment but I have tested on older test environments too and it is the same.

Thanks

Brn

Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:56 AM