Having more than 3 computers and 2 Live ID's RRS feed

• Question

• Ok so I just have a quick question.  If I have 4 computers in my house... I read the threads and I realize I must have 2 Live ID's.  My question is my first subscription under my first Live ID will expire on July of 2009.  However, lets say I apply my second Live ID tomorrow... that means my second Live ID subscription will expire on January of 2010.  In July of 2009, 3 of my computers will have an expired subscription, however, I will still have 2 computers left over with a subscription from my second Live ID.  Is it possible to apply my second Live ID to any of the other computers that had the subscriptions from the first live ID that expired in July?  Would I simply have to uninstall the computers with the first Live ID subscriptions and install them again with the second Live ID?  I know thats confusing, but hopefully you will understand what I am asking.

Thanks,
    Aashish45
    Friday, January 9, 2009 3:32 AM

Answers

• You got it. :-)
    Yes, when the first subscription expires, you can uninstall OneCare from the 3 computers and then reinstall it to 2 of them and activate with the LiveID for your second subscription.
    You can also choose to reinstall OneCare on 2 of the 3 existing subscribed computers at any time after you start the new subscription. That way you only have to deal with one PC that will expire this year. Hopefully, you will at least be able to try out the beta of Morro on that PC if it is available at that time.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Friday, January 9, 2009 3:58 PM