MS CRM 4.0 -- Permission Issue RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to open the default web page of MS CRM 4.0 I am getting the following error:

The requested record was not found, or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it.

I am logged in as the CRM admin account (the account which was created when MSCRM was installed) and everything else appears to be in order. The user is a member of all the CRM 4.0 groups. Any suggestions?

Help is much appreciated. Thanks,
    -Chris
    Thursday, January 3, 2008 6:35 PM

Answers

• One possible cause is if Active Directory replication is not working, which would prevent propagation of AD group membership information. Check for errors in the event log on the domain controllers, and use AD Users and Computers to explicitly connect to each DC and check if the CRM group membership is correct.

Also, have you restarted the CRM server after installation ? I have a lurking memory of getting this error if you don't restart the server

Sunday, January 6, 2008 8:09 PM

All replies

•  

From the server, go into Deployment Manager - look at Organizations - do you have any listed?

Friday, January 4, 2008 6:08 AM
  • Yes the organization that I created is listed there. I'm stumped. Sad

Thanks for the reply.

-Chris
    Friday, January 4, 2008 4:20 PM
  • One possible cause is if Active Directory replication is not working, which would prevent propagation of AD group membership information. Check for errors in the event log on the domain controllers, and use AD Users and Computers to explicitly connect to each DC and check if the CRM group membership is correct.

Also, have you restarted the CRM server after installation ? I have a lurking memory of getting this error if you don't restart the server

Sunday, January 6, 2008 8:09 PM
  •  

We have exactly the same error message when importing customizations for a custom entity.

Also in MS CRM 4

We have already spent many hours looking for a solution, but without result ...

Any help would be appreciated big time

Thanx

Friday, January 25, 2008 11:42 AM
  • I get the same error message when trying to save a new Contract Line recently in CRM 4.0. I had customised the Contract and Contract Line entities (just removed some unused fields) and got this error message, so I imported the Contract and Contract Line entities that I exported from an un-customised CRM 4.0 system and published them, but I still get the error message.

Neil Benson

www.increasecrm.co.uk

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 8:53 AM
  • I am getting same error while I have installed it (crm 4.0 on windows server 2008 ) with domain admin account

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 5:59 AM
  • I have the same error, but I know where the problem lies with me. If you select a product using the lookup, I get the same message. But when I use the Form assistant or not fill in a product, it saves it just fine.

I'm now trying to open a case at Microsoft to get a fix for this problem. I will keep you all updated!

Jan-Willem Beekhuis

X-Solutions

Microsoft Gold Partner

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 3:55 PM
  • Hi David, can you please expand on what to look for here? We have this exact situation where users are unable to login to CRM after a fresh installation. The exception is the CRM Admin account that was used to perform the installation (whom can login from anyone's machine and CRM works fine). All other users get the "The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it". We've removed all users from CRM's AD OU groups and restored the database so that there are no user accounts (expect for the admin account who did the install)...we then added the users back in, but no luck. It looks like when the users are added to CRM the SystemUserId (GUID) that CRM populates into the User table is an old GUID value (not the one that is currently active in AD).

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 11:15 PM
  • I get the same error when putting a product on the contract line, using the lookup.  No error when adding a product via form assistant or omitting a product entirely.  What did MS say when you opened the case??
    Wednesday, May 14, 2008 5:51 PM
  • I actually was not able to perform this with Microsoft, I got pushed back and forward with phonenumbers. So i made a fix my self. Made a new relationship, copied all the GUID's and emptied the whole old product lookup. It's a workaround, but I have had no problems since...

Jan-Willem Beekhuis

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 1:36 PM
  • Hey,

I'm getting the same error when creating a case related to a custom entity.

If i create related to a contact, i don't get the error.

Any help?

Sunday, June 1, 2008 2:32 PM
  • Is it possible that i'm having this error because i'm using a VPC?

Will it be gone once i publish on server?If not how to solve it?

Wednesday, June 4, 2008 9:18 AM
  • Any idea?

Monday, June 9, 2008 1:15 PM
  • I get the same error but when I use the forms assistant I don't get the error. I enabled platform tracing and don't see any relevant info??? I am using a VPC (Hyper-V) and as this is my dev environment I'm not going to worry since there is a workaround of using the forms assistant... but WTH?
    MMayo
    Sunday, January 31, 2010 6:41 PM