Multilingual Environment/Connector RRS feed

• Question

• I use WHS as a server for a small business. There are four machines connected to the LAN, three of which are running English versions of Windows and one of which is running Japanese. The WHS server itself is also English. 

The issue is connector. While the English version of connector works fine on the Japanese version of windows, I would like to install the Japanese version of connector instead (so the user can change settings through connector by herself).

The Japanese connector package (or connector in any language, for that matter) doesn't seem to be available for download and I am stumped.

Any ideas how I might be able to do this?
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 10:25 AM

Answers

• No, you can't do what you want. The connector is only available as part of the product as a whole, so you only have the original language of the server available.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by Kanebra06 Sunday, November 22, 2009 11:36 PM
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 1:28 PM

All replies

• No, you can't do what you want. The connector is only available as part of the product as a whole, so you only have the original language of the server available.
    • Marked as answer by Kanebra06 Sunday, November 22, 2009 11:36 PM
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 1:28 PM
  • Thank you very much for the reply.

This is obvioulsy something that should at least be possible, if not a feature, given the efforts (in the online press anyway) to position WHS as a small business server. I really don't see the difference between connector and a printer driver, for example, which are almost always available in many different languages.

Thanks again.

Sunday, November 22, 2009 9:29 PM
  • Except that the connector is a part of the Windows Home Server product, which is not multilingual (you buy it in a particular language). It's not a separate item. Windows Home Server is not multilingual, and frankly I don't see that changing in this version of the product.
    Monday, November 23, 2009 1:10 AM