none
Remote Desktop connection not working after second connect RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am trying to remote into my computer form another country.  Remote desktop is set up on the firewalls, router and I can connect 1 or two times to the computer using remote desktip.  After this, the remote desktop tool gives me the the error:

This computer can't connect to the remote computer

"This computer cannot connect to the remote computer"

I know this computer is running, I can port ping the computer from the website port ping.

When the computer gets rebooted back in Australia then I can connect again with remote desktop.  Until this, I cannot.

Two months ago when I was in Australia there were no issues and I remoted into this computer hundreds of times.

I have a Huawei modem, Widows 2010 Pro computer which I am using as a trading server.  I tried switching this to a second trading server I have on the same network and I get the same issue.  So I assume the issue is either a windows update or the modem or the computer I am remoting in with.  All of these computer are the same as 2 months ago where the issue did not exist.

Windows 8.1 is the laptop I am using to connect to these computers back in Australia.

As I over 10000km away from my computers it is very annoying that the only way to connect to them is someone going to my computer and rebooting it manually.

I have tried suggestions used in the forums, but none of the have worked.

Does anyone have an answer?

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 3:01 PM

All replies

• Hi amolchanoff,

This forum is discussing and asking questions about the Windows Form and ClickOnce. It will be more appropriate to ask your question at Microsoft Community.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 7, 2019 5:40 AM