Outlook Client - Error Linking E-mails to Cases RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have another issue related to the Outlook Client.  Suppose emails are tracked in CRM and regarding set to point to Cases.  I have a Case setup with serveral e-mails attached to the Case.  E-mails are linked to the Case when tracked in CRM via the CRM tracking token appended to the end of the e-mails.

In quite a number of occurrences, a reply to a previously sent email that is tracked and linked to a case before would decide to link to the case as they arrive in the inbox, without the user clicking on the Track In CRM button on the toolbar.  Most of the time the users would have to manually click on Track In CRM to track the email in CRM, and with the tracking token CRM attaches the email to the case.

Upon investigation, we found that the e-mail is not attached to the case, in fact, the e-mail is not in CRM altogether.  Users would then have to manually click on Track In CRM from Outlook, at which point a pop up would come up and asks if they would like to create a duplicate of the email in CRM.  Clicking on No just doesn't do anything, and clicking on Yes would then create the email object in CRM and links it with the Case.  At this point there is just one copy of the e-mail in CRM.

Has anyone experienced this behaviour before?  Any way to fix this?

Thanks,

Steve

Monday, March 29, 2010 10:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Steve,

Check if you have configured Outlook Client correctly in the

Options->E-mail tab->mark Check incoming .... ->and select option E-mail messeges in reponse to CRM email

If this still not be working try to check if tracking will be wotkingif  you will choose a Contact or Account instead Case ?

My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 11:16 AM