none
Trying to post a lengthy question by got marked for spam and was sent here

Question

• I try to post a question on the Surface forum regarding a problem with external monitors, but my post was mark for spam and was directed to this forum to seek answer.

Can my post be unmarked or should I try posting again?

Thanks

Saturday, January 14, 2017 12:03 AM

Answers

• This happens sometimes. Only a moderator in the forum, or forum administrators, can view deleted posts and see if they were flagged and deleted by the spam filter. If it is clearly by mistake then they can undelete the post. In my experience it does not get deleted again. I am assuming your question got deleted.

If you know and can contact a moderator (not likely) you can ask them to view your deleted post. Or you can email fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com with enough details for a forum admin to find the post and investigate.

Or perhaps you can post your question here in this forum, where I am a moderator. I can undelete it and move it where it belongs. But you need to give me a link to the proper forum (in this thread) so I can move it there. Also, it must be a TechNet or MSDN or Microsoft forum. We cannot move threads to the Answers/Community forums (they are on a different platform).

Even if you post here for me to undelete, it would still help to email fissues so they know about false positives and can hopefully improve the spam filter.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Saturday, January 14, 2017 12:53 AM

All replies

• Only a moderator in that forum or admins can do that. I'd send an email to fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com and they can investigate / restore it for you.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, January 14, 2017 12:43 AM
  • This happens sometimes. Only a moderator in the forum, or forum administrators, can view deleted posts and see if they were flagged and deleted by the spam filter. If it is clearly by mistake then they can undelete the post. In my experience it does not get deleted again. I am assuming your question got deleted.

If you know and can contact a moderator (not likely) you can ask them to view your deleted post. Or you can email fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com with enough details for a forum admin to find the post and investigate.

Or perhaps you can post your question here in this forum, where I am a moderator. I can undelete it and move it where it belongs. But you need to give me a link to the proper forum (in this thread) so I can move it there. Also, it must be a TechNet or MSDN or Microsoft forum. We cannot move threads to the Answers/Community forums (they are on a different platform).

Even if you post here for me to undelete, it would still help to email fissues so they know about false positives and can hopefully improve the spam filter.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Saturday, January 14, 2017 12:53 AM
  • Thank you both.  I've emailed fissues to see if that can help resolve my issue.  I'll try posting here if it goes unresolved.
    Saturday, January 14, 2017 9:12 AM