Sync Framework CTP vs Syncronization Services 3.5 Beta 2 RRS feed

• Question

• I assume Sync Framework CTP is different bits than Synchronzation Services 3.5 Beta 2. I'm in the middle of trying to get Beta 2 working with an Oracle backend, and am having issues around RAW datatypes used for storing GUIDs (amongst others).

How different is the CTP model from Beta 2? Should I troubleshoot what I've got, or upgrade to CTP and see if it takes care of some of my Beta 2 issues?

Dave Michel

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:22 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, November 14, 2007 3:18 PM

Answers

• The Sync Framework contains a newer version of Sync Services for ADO.NET. In that version, support for peer-to-peer sync scenarios was added to complement v1 client-server sync scenario.

Thanks

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 6:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

Sync Services is part of the Microsoft Sync Framework. The Framework gives you the ability to build your own provider to fit your needs. That's exactly what we did to build Sync Services component. We have built providers for most common stores, like File Systems and Databases. If any of these does not fit your needs and you decided to build your own, you can do so by using the core sync runtime. However, this requires a lot more work from you side.

Thanks

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 6:23 PM
  • So the Sync Framework contains Syncronization Services 3.5 Beta 2? Or are there any changes to Synchronization Services in the Framework?

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 6:34 PM
  • The Sync Framework contains a newer version of Sync Services for ADO.NET. In that version, support for peer-to-peer sync scenarios was added to complement v1 client-server sync scenario.

Thanks

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 6:55 PM
  • Thanks, Rafik.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 7:13 PM